Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poeticlsykuac View Post
    This is a Gladiators sport, these guys are our modern day gladiators. You guys need to realize they understand what they get there selves into. Respect boxers and fighters, but this is a man's sport, a great fighter will have to have the fight stopped. These guys know the risk when they step in the ring. A miner know's it might be his last time entering a cave. A carpenter knows he might be walking up his last ladder. A fireman know's it might be his last hoorah on any fire. A police man knows he has a chance at getting shot for pulling over the wrong guy.

I am sorry but I do not believe in quitting in boxing. The fight should be stopped by someone else at Ortiz's age he should have stuck it out.

I still think the majority of that damage was started by Jackson. Jackson out right KO fighters. He didn't hurt then finish, he literally had fighters out. That man IMO hit harder than Benn and left more opponents with permanent damage than anyone. The G-Man took some monster shots, and I mean brutal shots and he was still awake, I don't think he had any idea his brain couldn't handle it.

McCellan had some serious wars and his messed up mental issues(dogs, women, shooting) helped him in this sport he was a hardened man. Mentally off he had the ability to not listen to his body when it told him not to be fighting in the first place. I do not feel sorry for him, though I do not wish it upon anyone.
    I hope that you speak from experience, yet highly doubt it. As they say, walk a mile in the shoes my man............. and monster shots to the face will do no where near the same damage as a forearm to the back of the head. But ofcourse you would know this by watching fights on tv.............Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      I hope that you speak from experience, yet highly doubt it. As they say, walk a mile in the shoes my man............. and monster shots to the face will do no where near the same damage as a forearm to the back of the head. But ofcourse you would know this by watching fights on tv.............Rockin'
      Rabbit punches are probably more dangerous..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        I have never been a boxer, understand the sport grew up around it. Occasionally me and my friends would throw on the gear and box but by no means was I a boxer. That said, I never chose to be one. I have been a carpenter, I have walked at the top of a 4 in truss thirty feet up, my risk of death is likely higher than any boxers.

I have also been jumped and am now epileptic. I gained a nervous disorder after that. Trust me I understand the beating a man can take and how it can leave a lasting effect on your life. Walk a mile in my shoes, getting kicked in the head was far less scary than having a seizure my friend. The lasting effects scared me more than the savage beating I received. I hurt a lot more after having 2 seizures than I did after getting jumped by 10 men(or 10 men were arrested). I have taken my beating, no one called them off for me. All I did was tell them my buddy had enough and asked them to leave him alone(I knew the numbers I wasn't going to mess with them).

I am sorry but they chose this profession, I do not think they should quit. As far as I am considered about Ortiz I don't think he deserves a shot at a title for 3 more years, he hasn't proven to me he wants it.

While I think shots to the back of the head would be more effective, it has been said that he walked into the ring with brain trauma. It is easy to see that Jackson had a bit to do with that. Jackson KO'd guys with the very same punches he landed on the G-Man, go rewatch that fight. Those shots were moving, you could hear them land. First watch some highlights by Jackson and you will see why I believe as well as some others that he had the damage start in that fight. After you have seen both I'd find it hard to believe you would disagree.

Comment

• [QUOTE=poeticlsykuac;8716401]I have been a carpenter, I have walked at the top of a 4 in truss thirty feet up, my risk of death is likely higher than any boxers.

While I think shots to the back of the head would be more effective, it has been said that he walked into the ring with brain trauma. QUOTE]

As for you being a carpenter, I too was a carpenter. As for you walking 4" trusses (I'm assuming you were not tied off) thats your choice to risk your health and life working for non-union companies that do not give a **** about your health. Did they even give you insurance?

As for the beating you suffered, believe me, I do feel for you. But its like you said, the boxers made their choice and you made your choice to get involved even though you knew the #'s were not in your favor.

And as for McClellan going into the fight with trauma from Jackson, I say highly unlikely. While a fighter can be altered from a fight I find it very unlikely that Gerald could have lated long in the wars down at kronk with said trauma. Besides, Emmanuel is very keen and a very intelligent man when it comes to things that happen inside the ring. If he had noticed anyhing out of the ordinary he would have inquired and taken the proper precautions. If you look again at the fight that injured McClellan you will see him take a forearm to the back of the skull. I took one similar and was dropped and ko'd shortly after excepting the blow. They can do immediate and intense damage. There were 9 months gone by, after fighting Jackson before the Benn fight and that fight only went 1 round. The earlier fight with Jackson was 2 years before. I dont believe that the Jackson bouts had anything to do with it. While they may have worn Gerald down a bit I highly doubt that Gerald was suffering from Trauma for the next 2 years, while training and and warring down at Kronk and then scoring 3 1st round ko's. It just doesnt make sense................Rockin'

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rockin';8716501]
            Originally posted by poeticlsykuac View Post
            I have been a carpenter, I have walked at the top of a 4 in truss thirty feet up, my risk of death is likely higher than any boxers.

While I think shots to the back of the head would be more effective, it has been said that he walked into the ring with brain trauma. QUOTE]

As for you being a carpenter, I too was a carpenter. As for you walking 4" trusses (I'm assuming you were not tied off) thats your choice to risk your health and life working for non-union companies that do not give a **** about your health. Did they even give you insurance?

As for the beating you suffered, believe me, I do feel for you. But its like you said, the boxers made their choice and you made your choice to get involved even though you knew the #'s were not in your favor.

And as for McClellan going into the fight with trauma from Jackson, I say highly unlikely. While a fighter can be altered from a fight I find it very unlikely that Gerald could have lated long in the wars down at kronk with said trauma. Besides, Emmanuel is very keen and a very intelligent man when it comes to things that happen inside the ring. If he had noticed anyhing out of the ordinary he would have inquired and taken the proper precautions. If you look again at the fight that injured McClellan you will see him take a forearm to the back of the skull. I took one similar and was dropped and ko'd shortly after excepting the blow. They can do immediate and intense damage. There were 9 months gone by, after fighting Jackson before the Benn fight and that fight only went 1 round. The earlier fight with Jackson was 2 years before. I dont believe that the Jackson bouts had anything to do with it. While they may have worn Gerald down a bit I highly doubt that Gerald was suffering from Trauma for the next 2 years, while training and and warring down at Kronk and then scoring 3 1st round ko's. It just doesnt make sense................Rockin'
            Dude every single fight he fought after that 5 rounds of bombs was 1 round KOs until Benn. Including the fight before him being one round bomb fest with Jackson once more. You should go watch those before answering my friend. It will change your perception of him. Jackson didn't hit hard he had legitimate KO power, Tito didn't hit nearly as hard as Jackson at 154 and 160. He is always in the running for p4p hardest puncher ever for more than a few of us.

Go watch those videos than try and explain how he survives 5 rounds. In the last 9-10 fights it not only didn't go the distance but ended in 6. McCellan didn't exactly show a defense in that 5 round fight and he got hit by punches that 9 out of 10 of the previous fighters couldn't make it past 6 on. Sorry I don't see how him showing up for a fight with Brain trauma when your a boxer and it not occurring in a previous fight seems highly unlikely.

For all you know the G-Man was Emmanuel Steward's biggest regret. Maybe he felt he should have thrown in the towel. I would assume that is exactly how he felt. Obviously Steward didn't read him correctly, so your assumption that he would have known is obviously flawed. He had been wrong once already by not throwing in the towel, should we assume he would be right based on the fact that he has already been wrong?

Comment

• G man was a top fighter - I dont know what happened in that fight

Something was wrong before the bout...

In bouts, you should never show off your gumshield!

Comment

• Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
                G man was a top fighter - I dont know what happened in that fight

Something was wrong before the bout...

In bouts, you should never show off your gumshield!
                G man wasn't "showing of" his gum shield.

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
                  G man wasn't "showing of" his gum shield.
                  You dont understand what I mean, from here its clear that you've never boxed before.

When a fighters gumshield is visible for his opponent to see, hes either really tired or theres something wrong

This is not just from personal experience but well known in boxing

You may know your boxing history, by in ring things is something else

Like roger mayweather says: "Most people know **** all about boxing"

Comment

• Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
                    You dont understand what I mean, from here its clear that you've never boxed before.

When a fighters gumshield is visible for his opponent to see, hes either really tired or theres something wrong

This is not just from personal experience but well known in boxing

You may know your boxing history, by in ring things is something else

Like roger mayweather says: "Most people know **** all about boxing"
                    Exactly you've said it yourself. He wasn't "showing it off". It was sticking out of his mouth because of the damage he sustained during the fight.

Please don't misunderstand my posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
                      Exactly you've said it yourself. He wasn't "showing it off". It was sticking out of his mouth because of the damage he sustained during the fight.

Please don't misunderstand my posts.
                      When I said "you should never show off your gumshield" I didnt mean just showing it, you misunderstood my post

Theres nothing to debate about here between me and you

Gman had a problem, something went wrong.. i dont know

I like the gman, hes in my top 10 favourite

just been misunderstood thats all

Comment

Working...
                      X