Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
    I am saying Leonard abused his star power to impose conditions in his fights, avoid fighting dangerous young fighters... Pea did not.
    actually that's a good point.

I'll have a look at ezzard charles' resume. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
      actually that's a good point.

I'll have a look at ezzard charles' resume. thanks.
      Charles' resume will impress you, I promise (Among other wins, he is 3-0 with Archie Moore...).

Let me add that I don't know weather Pea and Charles would have behaved any different than Leonard did, if they were in his shoes. Ray Robinson, who was a star in his time, was known to be a nightmare not only to face in the ring, but also when it came to money and negotiations.

Comment

Charles' resume will impress you, I promise (Among other wins, he is 3-0 with Archie Moore...).

Let me add that I don't know weather Pea and Charles would have behaved any different than Leonard did, if they were in his shoes. Ray Robinson, who was a star in his time, was known to be a nightmare not only to face in the ring, but also when it came to money and negotiations.
        I wanted to ask you: did Archie Moore become mental later on in his career?

Comment

I wanted to ask you: did Archie Moore become mental later on in his career?
          Hmm... I don't think so. What do you mean?

Comment

Hmm... I don't think so. What do you mean?
            I don't know. I heard it/read it somewhere but i cant remember now.

Comment

why do you concentrate solely on post hagler Leonard? he wasn't even in his prime.

Comment

why do you concentrate solely on post hagler Leonard? he wasn't even in his prime.
                Prime or non prime, he is a bad bad example of a "braveheart".

What do negotiations and "ducking" got to do with prime?

Comment

Prime or non prime, he is a bad bad example of a "braveheart".

What do negotiations and "ducking" got to do with prime?
                  fair enough, but back to ezzard Charles. wasn't he a light heavyweight/heavyweight?

Comment

• Good thread, however I edited the sentence that stated "Kellerman's a Zionist idiot." That's racism, plain and simple. It's just like saying something like "(Emmanuel) Stewart's a black idiot." See how that works, it's not fun is it?..

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Good thread, however I edited the sentence that stated "Kellerman's a Zionist idiot." That's racism, plain and simple. It's just like saying something like "(Emmanuel) Stewart's a black idiot." See how that works, it's not fun is it?..
                      sorry, I went a bit out of control.

Comment

Working...
                      X