No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergei Dzinziruk: "Is Sergio Martinez Afraid of Me?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roxas View Post
    never heard of this dude who has he fought?
    He came back on ShoBox to defend his 154 title after a very long layoff due to management problems I think.

Very disciplined Euro fighter with a nice stiff jab and a good defense. Not a great resume with the only real notable names being Joel Julio and Daniel Santos. Definitely deserves a good mention though.

Comment

Dzin needs to slow his role, he has absolutely no idea of what he'd be getting into.

Comment

Never seen him(sergei) fight but sergios stock is high right now due to 3 consecutive impressive fights. I highly doubt sergio is afraid. Sergei better get some B class boxers on his resume then holla at the champ!

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
          Same thing will happen. Sergei can whoop any of these over-hyped Americans.
          Sergio Martinez isn't American. Dumbass.

Comment

Looks that way.

Sergio rather fight Zbik then SD.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
              He's not afraid. He's trying to get the biggest fights. He's not exactly a young guy.
              ^^^ this.

Originally posted by Roxas View Post
              never heard of this dude who has he fought?
              Decisively beat Daniel Santos in 2005 to get his title. Has quality wins over Sebastian Lujan (guy who had his ear almost ripped off by Antonio Margarito), Lukas Konecny (he gave Koren Gevor his first two losses) and Joel Julio. Not too shabby.

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              Looks that way.

Sergio rather fight Zbik then SD.
              I believe Martinez when he says he has put on muscle and is worried about getting down to 154. The Zbik fight isn't great, but... I'd still like to see it (I'm a Zbik fan... don't judge me).

I don't think Martinez is avoiding Dzinziruk. And this is coming from someone who is heart broken that this fight isn't happening. Dzinziruk is my favorite fighter, Martinez is up there with him, and this is the fight I wanted to happen most in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                ^^^ this.

Decisively beat Daniel Santos in 2005 to get his title. Has quality wins over Sebastian Lujan (guy who had his ear almost ripped off by Antonio Margarito), Lukas Konecny (he gave Koren Gevor his first two losses) and Joel Julio. Not too shabby.

I believe Martinez when he says he has put on muscle and is worried about getting down to 154. The Zbik fight isn't great, but... I'd still like to see it (I'm a Zbik fan... don't judge me).

I don't think Martinez is avoiding Dzinziruk. And this is coming from someone who is heart broken that this fight isn't happening. Dzinziruk is my favorite fighter, Martinez is up there with him, and this is the fight I wanted to happen most in the sport.
                Hey I never seen Zbik. Can he pull an upset? I just checked his record I see he doesnt have alot of pop.

Comment

Hey I never seen Zbik. Can he pull an upset? I just checked his record I see he doesnt have alot of pop.
                  He's an ultra technical Euro who is short on power. I see almost no chance he can beat Martinez, who is a good technician himself, and just swamps him in athleticism.

That said, I think Zbik is a bit underrated myself. He barely beat Domenico Spada the first time (not too flattering), but then whipped him in the rematch. I would have loved his bout with Koren Gevor to see where he is at in the division. Gevor gave Abraham a tough fight, and apparently got robbed blind against Felix Sturm.

Martinez will win though... I just put 10K on Zbik so everyone would think I was mad **** by looking at my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    He's an ultra technical Euro who is short on power. I see almost no chance he can beat Martinez, who is a good technician himself, and just swamps him in athleticism.

That said, I think Zbik is a bit underrated myself. He barely beat Domenico Spada the first time (not too flattering), but then whipped him in the rematch. I would have loved his bout with Koren Gevor to see where he is at in the division. Gevor gave Abraham a tough fight, and apparently got robbed blind against Felix Sturm.

Martinez will win though... I just put 10K on Zbik so everyone would think I was mad **** by looking at my sig.
                    lol fair enough. I know thats your boy so I'll be rooting for him. Lineal Middleweight Title is a big deal.

Comment

lol fair enough. I know thats your boy so I'll be rooting for him. Lineal Middleweight Title is a big deal.
                      I like both dudes... I wouldn't mind seeing either win, because of Zbik wins, that actually means he is real deal, and him wanting to fight Martinez when his best win is Domenico Spada means that he actually seems interested in fighting the best.

He wanted Pavlik before he lost too. Impressive.

Who's in your sig?

Comment

Working...
                      X