Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Forget Pacquiao’s Plan B, Make Cotto-Margarito II Plan A

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Forget Pacquiao’s Plan B, Make Cotto-Margarito II Plan A

By Jake Donovan - If there’s a fight within whiffing distance of the welterweight division, chances are that the winner will call out either Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather. You can’t blame fighters for doing so; there’s a certain glory that comes with winning fights, but getting paid is the bottom line, and no assignment pays better than a date with either of the sport’s current pound-for-pound kings.

So it hardly came as a surprise when, moments after stopping Yuri Foreman in nine rounds at Yankee Stadium last weekend, Miguel Cotto’s name was immediately aligned with a possible (or at least suggested) rematch with Pacquiao.

The same type of chatter followed Antonio Margarito’s return to the ring a month ago, in his first fight in more than a year. Margarito has yet to be re-licensed anywhere in the United States, yet there his name was, aligned with Pacquiao as a possible “Plan B,” in case the super fight everyone desires – yet those involved are no longer permitted to discuss – once again fails to materialize. [Click Here To Read More]

Hell yea thats what im talkin about....dont think cotto will do it tho

Comment

Cotto might want Margarito but Arum is the boss

And Arum wants Margarito-Pacquiao...

Comment

Well considering the questions mark in Tonys win over Cotto and the possibility that he might of had his hands cemented. I would say this time around thoroughly check Tonys wraps..

I wouldnt mind this fight happening again cause I DONT WANT TO SEE Pac vs. Cotto or Tony..

Comment

War Margarito!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Jake Donovan - If there’s a fight within whiffing distance of the welterweight division, chances are that the winner will call out either Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather. You can’t blame fighters for doing so; there’s a certain glory that comes with winning fights, but getting paid is the bottom line, and no assignment pays better than a date with either of the sport’s current pound-for-pound kings.

So it hardly came as a surprise when, moments after stopping Yuri Foreman in nine rounds at Yankee Stadium last weekend, Miguel Cotto’s name was immediately aligned with a possible (or at least suggested) rematch with Pacquiao.

The same type of chatter followed Antonio Margarito’s return to the ring a month ago, in his first fight in more than a year. Margarito has yet to be re-licensed anywhere in the United States, yet there his name was, aligned with Pacquiao as a possible “Plan B,” in case the super fight everyone desires – yet those involved are no longer permitted to discuss – once again fails to materialize. [Click Here To Read More]

The only reason I agree with Cotto vs Margarito II is that it would take away Pacquiao's option to face him and force the Mayweather fight a little harder.

On another note, I really don't think Margarito deserves another shot at critically injuring a fighter.

Comment

don't get too excited about the possibility of these two fighting,listen: cotto will never face a puncher,never,he'll continue to fight foreman type fighters..spinks type...i mean who's foreman? honestly i think the ridiculous chavez jr would beat foreman too

Comment

od points in the article. i was actually against giving that cheater any chance to make money again. margacheato deserves to be hit by a bus. but the more i think about it his fake power is gone since hes been caught and i think cotto boxes him for 12 rounds to a ud or even a late round ko.

Comment

I like Pac-Tony
                  but Tony-Cotto 2 is more important
                  Cotto should want a piece of Tony to get revenge
                  Tony can prove he didn't need to cheat to beat him
                  we'll see if Floyd mans up to fight Pac

Comment

Cotto-Plasterito II would be an awesome bout.

Cotto needs redemption.

Comment

Working...
                    X