Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MUST READ: HBO Pays 750K for Ortiz-Campbell!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    Not only is their spending habit ridiculous.

But if it's true that HBO did some shiesty stuff with Golden Boy, that really makes HBO look worse than I thought they were. Before I thought it was just ******ity. But now it looks like whoever is running their budget and the boxing department is just completely in love with Golden Boy. Who in the **** wanted to see Ortiz Campbell anyway?

thats ****ing ****** who wouldn't want to see one of the best jr ww?

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      The money was well spent. Good night of fights and it brought in good ratings.

Hauser has a huge agenda against GBP and HBO, particularly HBO. Not sure why.
      It's not an agenda against HBO, it's an agenda to make boxing better. Do you realize how many really good fighters would kill at the chance to fight for that kind of money? Instead we get a hyped up young fighter who GBP has forced on us as the next big mexican fighter and an old washed up fighter in a boring fight.

For that kind of money young unproven fighters should be fighting each other. Not get handed TV time and easy wins.

HBO should not be in the business of building up HBO fighters, leave that to the promoters which besides Arum, they don't even do anymore. HBO should be in the business of putting on good fights, and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Magic View Post
        [/B]

thats ****ing ****** who wouldn't want to see one of the best jr ww?
        they are saying that now that ortiz completely dominated campbell and wasnt so entertaining, it was a great matchup but ortiz simply outclassed him

Comment

Great article by HBO.

And, I fell if Ross Greenburg stays in charge of HBO, then I wouldn't be surprise if HBO boxing goes under water. He just doesn't know what he is doing. Dibella did a better job. They should bring in a boxing guy.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
            they are saying that now that ortiz completely dominated campbell and wasnt so entertaining, it was a great matchup but ortiz simply outclassed him
            if you take a way all the prefight **** style wise going into the fight I thought that was a better match up then khan-Malignaggi

Comment

Boxing fans complain about the dumbest ****.

Comment

Ortiz-Campbell was not a fight I was excited for and I consider myself a boxing fan. I felt from the beginning they were feeding Campbell to Ortiz.

But, it was a nice solid fight. But, the thing is not worth what HBO paid for. Campbell-Ortiz is a very good ESPN FNF Main event type of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  I agree

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Ortiz-Campbell was not a fight I was excited for and I consider myself a boxing fan. I felt from the beginning they were feeding Campbell to Ortiz.

But, it was a nice solid fight. But, the thing is not worth what HBO paid for. Campbell-Ortiz is a very good ESPN FNF Main event type of fight.
                    who did you think would have an easier win on that night Khan or Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                      I agree
                      This is not dumb ****. Arguing about Floyd and Pac on who deserves what and who should agree to what is dumb ****.

When you guys start seeing less boxing on HBO, you guys gong to be wondering why. And, this is the reason why. Slowly but surely Ross Greenburg is hurting/killing boxing on HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X