Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go... Harris has an excuse for losing to Maussa.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moochi
    yes frank i do agree that him falling down was indicative of a head shot, but i have watched it many times and analyzed it and seen no head movement whatsoever.....it was an upward shot and i thought i might have hit his soloplexus and chest at the same time....

maybe with a large clear vob file we will be able to see, but i still think it wasn't a head shot.....and the reason why i think he fell down that way was that he was so exhausted and it just threw him off...
    You might be right mate coz it seemed to catch a bit of everything. It wasn't a very clean shot either way and it probably pushed him over as much as anything, and I'd agree it was probably exhaustion that kept him down.

Comment

Either way, whether it was the big shot or exhustion that kept Harris down... It wasn't the notorious "punch on the ground" that stopped him getting up.

That "punch on the ground" didn't even land anyway... It got caught by the ropes. (And I don't think Harris even knew it was thrown till he saw the tapes afterwards).

So my conclusion is that Harris is bull****ting, and making EVEN MORE of an ass of himself by using this pathetic flimsey excuse to try and justify his loss.

Comment

i don't know how credible that report is about harris making a complaint on the basis of that........i can't see him doing that considering that he was about to collapse in that fight, and more importantly, he has a rematch clause which saves his ass....

having said that, many fighters take shots at their opponents when they are down.....but this was a funny one.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi
          i don't know how credible that report is about harris making a complaint on the basis of that........i can't see him doing that considering that he was about to collapse in that fight, and more importantly, he has a rematch clause which saves his ass....

having said that, many fighters take shots at their opponents when they are down.....but this was a funny one.
          To be honest with you moochi... The amount of crap I've seen Vivian Harris spouting on that website "**********" over the last 6 months, it wouldn't suprise me in the least if it was true.

Comment

Originally posted by BadMagick
            Holy ****. I would have DQ'ed him. That was really ****ed up. I just saw the fight, and just.. wow. I don't care if he fully connected or not, that's just... I can't even think of a word to describe it. Just bull****. It did catch Harris a bit, but nothing that should have kept him down. Either way, a DQ was in order.
            You don't get DQ'd for punching someone when they're down, if doing so isn't the reason that they can't continue.

Golota hit Ruiz while he was on the canvas - No penalty

Peter hit Diaz while he was being counted (caught in the ropes, partially laying down if I remember correctly) - 2 Point penalty for flagrant foul.

The fact that Maussa followed Harris, threw the punch at the ropes, missed, got scolded by the ref, etc. - gave Vivian well over 10 seconds to get up. He was KO'd.

Take 2 points from Maussa if you want, but that punch he threw had nothing to do with the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933
              You don't get DQ'd for punching someone when they're down, if doing so isn't the reason that they can't continue.

Golota hit Ruiz while he was on the canvas - No penalty

Peter hit Diaz while he was being counted (caught in the ropes, partially laying down if I remember correctly) - 2 Point penalty for flagrant foul.

The fact that Maussa followed Harris, threw the punch at the ropes, missed, got scolded by the ref, etc. - gave Vivian well over 10 seconds to get up. He was KO'd.

Take 2 points from Maussa if you want, but that punch he threw had nothing to do with the KO.
              He's just mad cause Roy Jones got DQed for the same thing .

Seriously, though, I don't think the guy was thinking straight. Like, you knock a guy out, you're all keyed up, and you do something foolish. At least the Peter shot did damage, Harris was barely touched.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua
                Can't find a pic of that punch....but I'm almost sure that it was in the neck-chest area...Let's see if HBO shows that fight when they air the replay of Gatti-Floyd...

I booked that fight on ppv, it was on the chin no question I watched the replay over and over.

Comment

He is not getting a rematch the No1 contender is Soulmay Mbaye and they will insist on fighting Maussa in France considering that he lost to Harris. Besides Harris makes me laugh he think he is a superstar "i have a rematch clause" please let him go to court, this fool as no money to contest what Maussa does

Comment

He can't hurt maussa & maussa can hurt him, that's just the reason why he lost!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombardier
                      He's just mad cause Roy Jones got DQed for the same thing .

Seriously, though, I don't think the guy was thinking straight. Like, you knock a guy out, you're all keyed up, and you do something foolish. At least the Peter shot did damage, Harris was barely touched.
                      Jones got DQ'd because Griffin could have gotten up from the original punch, but the punch while Griffin was down put him out to where he couldn't continue.

That's a separate issue...

Comment

Working...
                      X