No announcement yet.

Last night proved making weight hurt Cotto against Pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Jro, I love the Pacster, but that catchweight was bull****.

Cotto will do much better when he doesn't have to be shot and weight drained. I say shot because of the beatdown Tony put on him.

Am I saying he'll beat the Filipino Icon and Hero of Asia? Not necessarily, but he'll be much more powerful and more durable.

the only thing he'll be is slower...BRILLIANT tactic when fighting PAC

Comment

Cotto can't deal with Pac's speed.

Nothing is going to change that.

In fact I'd pick an earlier exit for Cotto the next time if they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Well we agree to disagree then. I believe Pac would fight him at 154. Nothing will change from Pac-Cotto at 145 to 154.
        Cotto will have more power in his shots, with more stamina. His face is still marshmallow mush, but if he can cause enough damage and show his mettle, it can be a gracious defeat.

Can he beat Pac, I'm inclined to say no right now, but let's see how he looks in another 154 fight.

I want him against Sergio. Stylistically I think Cotto can pose problems with his stout jabbing, Sergio seems to move to one side only most of the time when using his lateral movement and this can cost him, he could run into a Cotto liver shot and it could be a game changer.

Comment

I don't think weight was a factor at all.

Cotto looked great at the weigh in and on the night he fought a competitive fight through the first 6 until Pacquiao's shots started to accumulate.

Pacquiao's speed, workrate and angles were simply too much for Cotto especially when you consider Cotto doesn't have the best defense or stamina ever.

Cotto did look great last night but based on Foremans power and style (Cotto has always done well against movers), i expected him to look good.

We will see how good Cotto can be at 154 once he faces a top one like Williams, Martinez,etc.

All that aside, Foreman was a good win for Cotto especially after coming off a tough loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
            the only thing he'll be is slower...BRILLIANT tactic when fighting PAC
            He looked pretty damn quick to me last night. Plus if they do it at 54' Pac's speed will decline too.

So its all relative. I'm not crazy enough to bet on Cotto again in that fight, but I sure as hell wanna see it again.

Comment

last night proved that idiots will come out of the woodwork and create threads like these.

that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                Don't be mad at the fact he demanded a catchweight for that fight. If he wouldn't have, there wouldn't have been anything 2 say. Idk if Cotto would have won but it would have been a better fight. Also, wtf was the point of him wanting a 145 pound catchweight 2 then fight Joshua Clottey at the regular 147 weight limit?????
                Not mad he demanded a catchweight at all. Catchweights has happen before. What do I have to be mad about?

What I find funny is that cuz he fought one catchweight fight, then I guess every fight should be a catchweight fight.

And, then when the rematch happens, and the fight is over, you will disappear again for a few weeks just like in November.

Comment

He looked pretty damn quick to me last night. Plus if they do it at 54' Pac's speed will decline too.

So its all relative. I'm not crazy enough to bet on Cotto again in that fight, but I sure as hell wanna see it again.
                  Fans these days quit on their fighters so easily, and they expect their fighters to fight to the death....

Comment

The difference is Jack, Pac is not going to let Cotto set up and get the jab off.

He's gonna jump that **** and quicker this time.

I doubt if Pac would even weigh 150 at the weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                      yea,

because fighting Yuri Foreman is a great barometer

its this kind of moronic thinking that could lead to Cotto getting his new belt ganked AGAIN by PAC

back under your rock, troll
                      you didnt read where he said hes not saying pacquiao wouldnt still win? who knows maybe he would and maybe he wouldnt but what makes your opinion any better than his? and maybe you are the moron if you think that cotto didnt look better last night than he did against pacquiao. if your not sucking pacquiaos dick in your posts here people want to jump down your throat.

Comment

Working...
                      X