Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could a top level MMA fighter win the golden gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure.

For example Rashad Evans is very quick and athletic. I think his stand-up is good and he is explosive. If you're putting him in there with a young, raw, boxer with good talent. There is a good chance Evan's would smash him to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by runerx1100 View Post
      Never ever ever, dont compare mma and boxing, boxing on different level, mma=mmgay= beer drinkers= no skill etc
      hahaha thats funny.i didn't know ricky hatton didnt drink beer.No skill?i didn't know knowing many different forms of martial arts equals no skill.but you're right though, don't compare mma to boxing b/c they are two entire different sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
        It's an entirely different stance when fighting MMA also. MMA fighters tend to stand square in comparison to boxers. I don't think it would be that easy for an MMA fighter to switch. Jack of all trades, master of none.
        agreed for the most part.definitely easier for boxer to go into mma than vice versa.how would you define master of a trade though?not all boxers are gold glove winners or olympic gold medalists.

Comment

I doubt any 'top level' MMA practioner could win a national amateur boxing tournament. In fact I wouldnt bet on them winning a city wide one.

After reading this thread though, Dana White will recruit 100 year old Felix Savon to fight in MMA against a lycra clad humping machine to prove MMA is better than amateur boxing.

Seriously though, alot of top pro boxers couldnt win golden gloves let alone some MMA guy. Amateur boxing is totally different.

Comment

If they have less than 10 amatuer bouts I can see them winning the Senior Novice title. The open division, I'm not sure.

Comment

Nope, Amateur Boxers will expose their sloppiness..

Comment

Definately not.
                By the way anderson silva doesn't have that great boxing. He has got great muay thai and pretty good hands.
                Bj penn probably has the best boxing in mma. At least that's what freddie roach says.

Comment

i think top level mma fighters are strong and physical enough to win

Comment

most MMA fighters have tried to win Golden Gloves...and they have, on the city region type ones. but mostly only in like rural cities without a lot of boxing competition.

being a National Golden gloves champ, very likely no.

there are a LOT of different Golden Glove awards, so youll have to be more specific.

Comment

yea i think they could but MMA guys aint doing **** in the pro level

Comment

Working...
                      X