Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cotto-Foreman the hardest fight to pick of the year??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Blow 787 View Post
    Ok , and now let me ask u another question.

Do you give marquez a chance against Lopez???. I mean , hes been in more wars right??. Hes taken plenty of punishment.

why not Cotto.

Yes I agree Cotto left something in the ring against Margarito. But thats about as far as Ill go.

Against Clottey , anyone who knew who Clottey was , knew this was going to be a hard test for Cotto. And the mother ****er , Still managed to steal championship rounds , still managed to knock down Clottey with a jab , and still managed to corner Clottey in the seventh round , and make him back up at times.

Against Pac , it was just a horrible , speed mismatch. And not to mention he lost to the most exciting fighter out there today.

You cant afford to not take those things into consideration when speaking about w's and l's my man.

I agree that Cotto definitely left something in the ring against margarito , but to even think the man is finished is outrageous. But thats just my opinion
    Fair enough and I see what you mean. One big plus in this fight is that Foreman has literally no pop at all and no experience vs. Elite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
      Only thing wrong with that is Cotto got a gift, Clottey was winning going away, it wasnt really close.
      Cotto got a gift?

I want to ask u some questions to my man.

Cotto won the first round by 2 points. weather it was a good kd or not , he was.

He won the last 3 clearly , nd not by the judges giving them to him , by Clottey giving them to him. The seventh was a Cotto round as well , and very clear , where he had Clottey , Cornered for the most part of the round. Correct???

so thats 5 rounds , including a 2 point round. Not Close??? In whos eyes , In yours??

werent there a few other close rounds?? I am dying to know how u had it scored

Comment

Cotto got a gift?

Cotto won the first round by 2 points. weather it was a good kd or not , he was.

He won the last 3 clearly , nd not by the judges giving them to him , by Clottey giving them to him. The seventh was a Cotto round as well , and very clear , where he had Clottey , Cornered for the most part of the round. Correct???

so thats 5 rounds , including a 2 point round. Not Close??? In whos eyes , In yours??

Youre giving him rounds he didnt really win though. Anybody with eyes can look at that fight and see Clottey's punches landing cleanly all night long while Cotto was mostly hitting gloves. Emmanuel Steward was saying how Clottey was winning easily till mid to late rounds until the Cotto-lover Lampley starting getting mad at Steward for saying such and then Steward started to backpedal, realizing who feeds him. That fight was a robbery.

Comment

Cotto will win........war cotto!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
            Youre giving him rounds he didnt really win though. Anybody with eyes can look at that fight and see Clottey's punches landing cleanly all night long while Cotto was mostly hitting gloves. Emmanuel Steward was saying how Clottey was winning easily till mid to late rounds until the Cotto-lover Lampley starting getting mad at Steward for saying such and then Steward started to backpedal, realizing who feeds him. That fight was a robbery.
            I dont think u answered the question.

Who won rounds 10-12. Who won round 7 , and who won round 1. Inactivity can hurt u my man , Didnt u see Clottey against Pac , Clottey let Cotto steal rounds. U cant say Cotto didnt win those rounds. U are avoiding both the answer and the question. Cotto took 5 rounds. How can u say nothing landed on Clottey. If u really stand by that then I really dont want to discuss with you

Comment

I dont think u answered the question.

Who won rounds 10-12. Who won round 7 , and who won round 1. Inactivity can hurt u my man , Didnt u see Clottey against Pac , Clottey let Cotto steal rounds. U cant say Cotto didnt win those rounds. U are avoiding both the answer and the question. Cotto took 5 rounds. How can u say nothing landed on Clottey. If u really stand by that then I really dont want to discuss with you
              I dont remember the fight on a round by round basis, I didnt write down the rounds, but I did watch the fight a couple times and the overwhelming majority of the rounds showed Clottey landing the far more clean punches on Cotto than the other way around. I dont think anybody can argue that point. But Cotto is more famous, more loved, nobody cares about Clottey so he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt in a fight that he clearly won.

Comment

Cotto got a gift?

Plus he was fighting with one eye most of the fight. You cut the champ with a head but like you did with your previous opponents letting the champ with only one eye available and still you have a hard time beating him??? To beat any champ you have to do it more decisive.

Comment

Nah, Burner..........Cotto is going to smash Yuri.

That win over a fat inactive Santos made Yuri look great though, we have to give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
                    Plus he was fighting with one eye most of the fight. You cut the champ with a head but like you did with your previous opponents letting the champ with only one eye available and still you have a hard time beating him??? To beat any champ you have to do it more decisive.
                    No you dont have to beat a champ more decisive, a win is a win, that old theory should be done away with.

Comment

Cotto is light years better than Yuri. I think Cotto still has enough in the tank to beat someone like Yuri

Comment

Working...
                      X