Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you say Pernell Whitaker was the greatest body puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    I'd say Mike McCallum, Mickey Ward, Julio CC, Joe Frazier and Alexis Arguello were better.

Wards left hook to the body was sickening at times.
    That comment about Ward is so true. Ward was a journeyman with a world class heart and left hook to the body. I remember seeing him score two one punch KO's on HBO with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
      It's one thing throwing one lucky body shot and another going to the body constantly and wearing them down. Chavez, people, Chavez.
      JCC was murderous to the body. No doubt.

Comment

JCC was a great body puncher himself but I love the way Pernell goes to the midsection.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          I agree. Imagine how amazing he would have been if he had KO power...
          That's the beauty of it to me, though. If he hit with the kind of one-shot power you're talking about, we wouldn't have gotten to see him work the body so thoroughly like we did.

Pete cut the body up like a surgeon. It's the process of breaking the guy down that way that's so beautiful with him. I know Dom will second me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Okay 3 pages in and no one wants to say it. Well Ill be the first.

Floyd Mayweather Jr goes to the body NASTY!!
            No doubt man, no doubt. But I do wish Floyd were more consistent.

I don't know if any of you guys know this but, remember when Mosley fouled Mayweather and shoved him into the ropes? That was because Mayweather was about to throw that right short uppercut to the body, and Shane ain't want any of it.

Hatton/ Cotto get alot of rep for their body attack but Mayweather goes to the body alot better.

Comment

Originally posted by MAGIC M.I.B. View Post
              That's the beauty of it to me, though. If he hit with the kind of one-shot power you're talking about, we wouldn't have gotten to see him work the body so thoroughly like we did.

Pete cut the body up like a surgeon. It's the process of breaking the guy down that way that's so beautiful with him. I know Dom will second me on that.
              Agree 100%.

He still had JCC breathing like a fat man

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                No doubt man, no doubt. But I do wish Floyd were more consistent.

I don't know if any of you guys know this but, remember when Mosley fouled Mayweather and shoved him into the ropes? That was because Mayweather was about to throw that right short uppercut to the body, and Shane ain't want any of it.

Hatton/ Cotto get alot of rep for their body attack but Mayweather goes to the body alot better.
                Hes such a good body puncher. He doesnt OD to the body but he places them perfectly where they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Hes such a good body puncher. He doesnt OD to the body but he places them perfectly where they need to be.

I freaking cringed everytime Mayweather tied Hatton up and went to the body. What Miguel Cotto does to the body in 2-3 rounds; Mayweather does in 8 to 9 seconds of work.

Comment

JCC > Floyd at body punching.

Comment

Originally posted by -El Terrible- View Post
                      JCC > Floyd at body punching.
                      JCC could only dream of being as good as Floyd is.

Comment

Working...
                      X