Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Would Consider a Return To Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

147 is a better weight for cotto but as long as he stays away from mayweather.he could'nt handle all those ***** punches from pac so if he ever gets hit by one of the most accurate punchers in the sport(MAYWEATHER) he'll get a real beating of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Magic View Post
      what is steward going to do for a 29 year old shot boxer. you expecting too much from the guy. if Cotto loses or struggles against Yuri then he should not me mention in a fight with an Elite boxer ever again
      He's pretty much done but I suspect his fans will want him to get another career ending type beatdown by Margarito or some other big 154lber before they open their eyes and embrace the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        The only fihgt Cotto should be thinking about at 154 if he wins is a rematch with Marg. And even then, that fight is pretty dangerous. I still think Marg has Cotto's number, hand wraps or not.
        I think so too, UNLESS Steward trained Cotto to box more
        and adapt under pressure, Cotto would get beat again.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
          I agree, except for that last part - (my stance as always, no proof, no legitimate argument - but I do believe Marg had plaster in his wraps) Nonetheless, Cotto is everything any boxing fan (a fan OF Boxing) loves, he's willing to fight everybody. There was a time prior to Mayweathers retirement that the demand was beginning to grow for a Cotto vs Mayweather fight, Mayweather claimed to have trouble working out a deal with Bob Arum (some interview, it should be on youtube), we don't know how true that is, I haven't heard the other side of the story (i haven't bothered looking into it) but he went and fought Ricky Hatton instead. Fast forward to today, who else is Cotto going to fight at 147? Berto, possibly, but I think he is hinting at Mayweather. If Cotto gets past Foreman which I'm still 50/50 on (it really depends on which Cotto comes to play), this should be well anticipated. Cotto is still one of my favorites, I love his attitude, he's a true champ - and he brings a fight everytime. I think Cotto vs Mayweather is more competitive than Cotto vs Pac at welterweight b/c of styles.
          Miguel Cotto earned my respect because he is always ready
          to fight and go out BUT I NEVER was convinced that Cotto
          could beat Floyd before Margarito. Cotto just was too easy
          to hit and Floyd is too accurate. Plus Cotto never had a good
          defensive fight game and once Cotto got his power and pressure
          neutralized he was a different fighter. Technically and mentally,
          ESPECIALLY under pressure Floyd was and is just too much for
          Cotto. Cotto was tagging Pac up for a minute and I don't think
          Cotto would have even landed as much punches on Floyd as
          he did on Pac because Floyd has defense and Pac doesn't.
          I tell you what though. Would have love to see Cotto/Floyd
          before Cotto lost but in my opinion would have been a one
          sided beat down by Floyd on Cotto. Cotto is a throw back
          fighter though and nuff respect to him. Curious to see how
          he fights under Steward.

Comment

all roads lead to floyd mayweather

Comment

Cotto is an all-time great warrior who just so happens to be overshadowed by Pacquiao and Mayweather. But look at his resume... I mean, whether he wants to admit it or not, he looked weight-drained in the fight with Pac. He boxed really well for a few rounds, but after that knockdown, he just looked gassed and decided to run away the remainder of the fight.

He could beat Pacquiao in a rematch to set up a legendary trilogy.

His only other loss was suspect, thanks to that cheater from Mexico.

He's beaten a who's-who of top tier competition, and he fears absolutely no one. He doesn't quit (his corner called it quits in his two losses), and always makes for an exciting fight.

I hope he fights about 3-4 more times:

1. Foreman
              2. Rematch with Pacquiao/Margacheato
              3. Rematch with Pacquiao/Margacheato
              4. Mayweather

If he wins even 2 of those, his resume would be HOF worthy. If he wins 3 or all 4... watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                Cotto isnt gonna fight cheato his ass became a star thanks to cotto with his cheating so cotto v.s pac 2 make it happen cotto will win this time or bring on floyd cotto is never scared to fight any1 n wants the best i will be there june 5
                cotto cant beat pac. and floyd will take him to school. be realistic man.

Comment

This site is full of *******s and *****s who are just cheerleading idiots. Just my conclusion after reading not just this thread but many others. It is interesting how some of these desperate *****s and *******s try to show their love with every occasion possible. Unfortunately they just don't like to think and with these kind of people you cannot reason. So anyone who tries to get a ******* or a ***** on a thinking road should just quit doing that and admire their ****** remarks.
                  Last edited by Arthas; 05-29-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

talk about embrace the truth, how about you embrace the truth that margarito had to cheat to beat cotto in the first place.. come'on son, don't hate just because you can..

Comment

The fight should have been made after Mayweather beat Hatton and Cotto beat Mosley. Now Cotto is not the same guy. Still great 2 me. I mean, his only 2 loses are questionable when u think about it. He took 11 rounds of hell from a brick slinger and another 12 rounds of punches from a suspected steroid user. Cotto might not have been that skilled or had the best defense. He might not had been able 2 beat Floyd even b4 all of that but I think dude needs 2 get more respect. He's a throwback fighter. He's never been in a boring match. Accepted his loses like a man and is just trying 2 get back 2 where he was at b4 all of that. Props 2 Miguel.

Comment

Working...
                      X