No announcement yet.

Prime Mosley vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
    Look man you can't have it both ways. First you said mosley wasn't fighting anybody but bums and then he steps up and beats the man at welter 2 f******** division higher than where he was. Man please. Dude just being the better boxer in a fight isn't gonna always get you a win. It's never a definitive fact. What happened to vernon forest in both mayorga fights? Was vernon the better boxer? Again at 135-140lb i like mosley to win that fight......Look I like mayweather alot he's an ATG but the other greats like mosley and oscar fought much tougher opposition. Here's a question could may go there shane's resume undeafeated? lol i await your reponse......
    Floyd could possibly go through Mosleys resume undefeated, he may not but the jury is out on fantasy leave so only opinions prevail, so it don't mean anything one way or the other, could he go through Mannys resume unbeaten Id say he could but again its neither here nor there, can only judge them on what they have done and be neutral in looking at their resumes.

A fighter cannot fight everyone all of the time, the very nature of the system is they all have fans, that means the ones he don't fight jump and down and call duck, the ones he fights and beat they get added to first bunch calling excuses why he beat their guy.

He cant win no matter what he does, yet ALL the others are given free passes for doing worse than what he has done, its quite comical to see it.

Name any fighter in history and dissect their resume one fight at a time not a few choice names, but from start to finish and they all have a load of crap in them, nobody escapes, not even the atgs like Duran, like right before he fought Leonard he fought a guy with 7 fights and 2 loses., Then look at the crap Manny took for fighting Horn, its a different time today and so many things are different with the way the game has evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
      I don't agree with you on the oscar fight i thought it was pretty competitive....mayweather won......but until oscar faded in the later half of the fight his jab and pressure was getting to mayweather, i gave him 4-5 rounds....a prime oscar would not of faded......tito was not even competeive with oscar until the 9th round....but really the fight was in the bag by then.......
      Also i just don't agree that may could go 6-0 against those guys....but i will respect your opinion......
      When I first watched it, I had the exact same opinion. Then I watched it without the commentary on and noticed that he really wasn't landing much and was getting countered a ton. The thing is though, Oscar faded in his prime as well though. Trinidad, Mosley, he had those fights won until the last few rounds. I think all those fights would've been tough fights for Floyd (especially Wright and Forrest, those would be very difficult & close fights) but I have to give him the edge just based on a skills standpoint. They would've had trouble hitting him and he was a much better "thinker" and a lot more versatile than Mosley. All due respect to Shane.

Winky is one of my favorites of all time. By the time Floyd went to 154 he had long since moved up though so it was never gonna happen. One guy who definitely ducked him was De La Hoya though. How do you think that would've gone in say 2004/2005 instead of DLH/Hopkins? I like Wright by decision but Oscar being "The Golden Boy" probably would've got a highly-controversial gift decision

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        When I first watched it, I had the exact same opinion. Then I watched it without the commentary on and noticed that he really wasn't landing much and was getting countered a ton. The thing is though, Oscar faded in his prime as well though. Trinidad, Mosley, he had those fights won until the last few rounds. I think all those fights would've been tough fights for Floyd (especially Wright and Forrest, those would be very difficult & close fights) but I have to give him the edge just based on a skills standpoint. They would've had trouble hitting him and he was a much better "thinker" and a lot more versatile than Mosley. All due respect to Shane.

Winky is one of my favorites of all time. By the time Floyd went to 154 he had long since moved up though so it was never gonna happen. One guy who definitely ducked him was De La Hoya though. How do you think that would've gone in say 2004/2005 instead of DLH/Hopkins? I like Wright by decision but Oscar being "The Golden Boy" probably would've got a highly-controversial gift decision
        Yeah winky would of beat oscar no doubt

Comment

Working...
        X