No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev sets his sights on David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Chagaev sets his sights on David Haye

Chagaev, the 31-year-old southpaw, out-thought Meehan to win 118-10, 117-111, 117-112 on the cards, and made no secret of the fact afterwards that he "has his sights" set on 29-year-old Londoner Haye, who in turn, has intimated that a meeting with one of the world champion Klitschko brothers, Vitali or Wladimir, in a title unification contest, is the principal project on his chalkboard.

However, behind the scenes, preliminary talks between the respective Haye-Klitschko camps have yet to begin, with Wladimir Klitschko now facing a mandatory challenge for the International Boxing Federation belt he holds from unbeaten Russian Alexander Povetkin. Klitschko also holds the World Boxing Organisation crown.

It is understood that Haye may indeed face Chagaev next, with suggestions that even former Olympic gold medallist Audley Harrison could be a possible opponent in the UK, but no firm decisions are likely to being made for at least another month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...avid-Haye.html

This is bull****. Why can't Haye just accept a deal vs Wladimir? He talked such a big game and yet he is not willing to deliver. **** you Haye.

You talked so much ****e yet you are too much of a ***** to step up. Wtf is this bull****e?

Comment

Let's be honest. Chagaev didn't look impressive at all against the limited Kali Meehan and against David Haye, he'll get KO'd the **** out...
      ________
      EASY VAPE VAPORIZER
      Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Chagaev is ready to start the Valuev/Haye/Chagaev feedback loop. The only reason Ruiz isn't there is because he retired. I heard Valuev mentioning the fight a couple days ago somewhere, I can't remember where.

Comment

As much as I dislike Chagaev and don't think he deserves a title shot so soon after getting obliterated by Wladimir, he's well within his rights to lay claim to the mandatory opportunity given to him by the WBA. Nobody wants to see that fight, but as a professional boxer he's only doing what's best for his career. Fair play to him.

The only one at fault in all of this mess is Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            As much as I dislike Chagaev and don't think he deserves a title shot so soon after getting obliterated by Wladimir, he's well within his rights to lay claim to the mandatory opportunity given to him by the WBA. Nobody wants to see that fight, but as a professional boxer he's only doing what's best for his career. Fair play to him.

The only one at fault in all of this mess is Haye.
            While I agree he has rights to lay claim, how he got there is a big joke. I can't for the life of me fathom how a guy who lost his last fight is in a fight to determine who fights the champion. It's such a ridiculous thing.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
              While I agree he has rights to lay claim, how he got there is a big joke. I can't for the life of me fathom how a guy who lost his last fight is in a fight to determine who fights the champion. It's such a ridiculous thing.
              That'll be the other guilty party in this mess - the WBA. But even then, they didn't start any of this. They're just taking advantage. It's Haye who got the bull**** rolling in '08 as soon as he said he'd fight a "top 10 HW"... only to bring Barrett over and look petrified for 5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                That'll be the other guilty party in this mess - the WBA. But even then, they didn't start any of this. They're just taking advantage. It's Haye who got the bull**** rolling in '08 as soon as he said he'd fight a "top 10 HW"... only to bring Barrett over and look petrified for 5 rounds.
                Yeah I seem to remember him telling Wlad to "fight these two bums (Thompson and Povetkin,) and I'll fight two top 10 HWs, and then we'll fight after that."

Then he fights a shot Barrett and goes "I'm ready" only to pull out of fights with both brothers.

Comment

Haye KO's him

Comment

It does make me laugh how everyone on here seems to think that they know exactly what discussions have taken place between Klitschko and Haye's respective camps. Haye's been marked down as a bottlejob by everyone when I reckon that he's being shrewd and ensuring that he gets the best deal that he can.

I'll wager with anyone that Haye will fight a Klitschko this year.

As for Chagaev; do me a favour. Haye would knock him out.

Comment

Working...
                    X