Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can People STOP Calling Mayweather a PURE BOXER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
    Wladimir Klitschko is a PURE BOXER. textbook boxing. he is actually the best example i can come up with. agree anyone?

I thought Lennox lewis was a better example.

Comment

Ah, the good old "you either agree with me or you don't know anything about <.insert the subject of the debate.>" argument.

In every case this argument pops up, the person using this argument tends to be a narrow-minded fúck wit. In every case it's always best to avoid these debates.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
        I'm not a Mayweather hater. I am a critic though. I'm not racist against Mexicans. But some Mexicans do have a tendency to just stand there and get hit. Which makes for boring fights. And most of the time, when they do fight a boxer like Mayweather, and they work hard and it goes to **** because fighters that move away don't take as much punishment (see Mayweather-Chavez)
        I guess you must have feel asleep thru the Gatti vs Ward fights.

Comment

lol at this board trying to define who's a "pure" boxer. mayweather's a throw back in alot of ways. check hooks, pull counters, the philly shell defence and good balance aren't anything new. just cuz the guy looks like the fukn matrix when he does that **** doesn't mean he aint boxing like a boxer.

Comment

Some of you people on here are such noobs to boxing. That's the only way to explain this phenomenon.

Howard Davis Jr., Muhammad Ali, SRR to an extent, Pernell Whitaker, SRL sometimes, and Willie Pep are PURE boxers. Which means they'll dance around their opponent, with the jab popping all night. These fighters are not really reflexive fighters, although sometimes they are off the jab.

Mayweather is more of a counterpuncher, he's very unorthodox in that he leads with his right hand a lot, leaps in with the left hook, but sometimes he switches his style completely.

Even Max Kellerman partakes in this stupid phenomenon, grab a boxing book and watch some boxing. Kellerman doesn't know anything about boixng.

aside from being a fukin encyclopedia of boxing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

I thought Lennox lewis was a better example.
              according to TS...

probably not

Comment

How was Whitaker not a fighter who depended on reflexes?

If you don't agree with me, you know nothing about boxing?

If you didn't come off so troll like and immature maybe this would have been a debate worth sticking around for.

Comment

Some of you people on here are such noobs to boxing. That's the only way to explain this phenomenon.

Howard Davis Jr., Muhammad Ali, SRR to an extent, Pernell Whitaker, SRL sometimes, and Willie Pep are PURE boxers. Which means they'll dance around their opponent, with the jab popping all night. These fighters are not really reflexive fighters, although sometimes they are off the jab.

Mayweather is more of a counterpuncher, he's very unorthodox in that he leads with his right hand a lot, leaps in with the left hook, but sometimes he switches his style completely.

Even Max Kellerman partakes in this stupid phenomenon, grab a boxing book and watch some boxing. Kellerman doesn't know anything about boixng.
                  "Whitaker didn't really rely on his reflexes", and you say WE don't know boxing?

Have you even seen the guy fight?

Oh the irony.
                  Last edited by deliveryman; 05-25-2010, 04:58 AM.

Comment

TS,

Check the M.I.C. thread, with regards to defining a pure boxer.

Comment

I agree but through 99% of "pure boxing" history, pure boxers use jabs and move around a lot.
                      Holy ****, you're just getting dumber and dumber as this thread goes on.

Comment

Working...
                      X