No announcement yet.

this fight is win or go home for cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    90% of the members here have never even heard of this guy until now that he's fighting Cotto. If they say they have, their lying!
    Hardcore fans watch more than big fights. I've seen him fight Thompson and Moore.

He's boring and feather fisted.

The Santos fight was his most entertaining fight to date.

And just because hes not well known does not make him or anyone a journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      90% of the members here have never even heard of this guy until now that he's fighting Cotto. If they say they have, their lying!

'yep and Foreman might be an orthodox jew but he is an unorthodox fighter. side to side non stop energy, cant punch wort **** but he catches people flush cause of his speed. His big problem is that he has a lack of experience at the top and he hasnt fought anyone with a good jab to throw his weird rhythm off. cant wait for this fight.

Comment

I disagree. The fight has reportedly sold over 40,000 tickets an indication that he still is a draw despite two recent losses. He also is venturing into a new weight class so he can always return to WW. In addition he's only 29 and still looked good in the early rounds against Pacquiao so unless Foreman catches him with something crazy the only way I think Cotto loses is by being outboxed which wouldn't be too traumatizing for Cotto. Win or lose I think he still has a future in the ring.

Comment

Yes, he really needs to show he still have it, even though he'll be a small Jr.Welter he's suppose to win in order to get a fight against any of the other guys. If he loose he has two choices: 1-say he's just too small and go back to welter or 2-retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
            Yes, he really needs to show he still have it, even though he'll be a small Jr.Welter he's suppose to win in order to get a fight against any of the other guys. If he loose he has two choices: 1-say he's just too small and go back to welter or 2-retire.
            Yes, and Back to back losses don't help either the latest would be against an unknown who doesn't even eat pork FFS!!!!! the pope should really back Miguel on this one.

Nah, but if he loses and keeps fighting he is the new Zab though I expect Cotto to break down and stop Yuri.

Comment

cotto fights anyone win or lose

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Yes, and Back to back losses don't help either the latest would be against an unknown who doesn't even eat pork FFS!!!!! the pope should really back Miguel on this one.

Nah, but if he loses and keeps fighting he is the new Zab though I expect Cotto to break down and stop Yuri.
                Hahaha I can't help it but imagine the stadium filled with priests, cardinals and all kind of catholics shouting for Cotto, well back to reality, do you really think he will break down Yuri? Because I really respect your opinion as one of my favorites posters here but I have some doubts since he looks too small, he was really lethargic against Pacquiao and he could be worse at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

Hahaha I can't help it but imagine the stadium filled with priests, cardinals and all kind of catholics shouting for Cotto, well back to reality, do you really think he will break down Yuri? Because I really respect your opinion as one of my favorites posters here but I have some doubts since he looks too small, he was really lethargic against Pacquiao and he could be worse at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
                    Hahaha I can't help it but imagine the stadium filled with priests, cardinals and all kind of catholics shouting for Cotto, well back to reality, do you really think he will break down Yuri? Because I really respect your opinion as one of my favorites posters here but I have some doubts since he looks too small, he was really lethargic against Pacquiao and he could be worse at 154.
                    Its hard to say as I have not seen much of his training but what little have seen leads me to believe that I wouldn't want to be Yuri's face in that path of that right hand of Miguel's.

Pac is a whole other animal and based on this and the plasterito fight too many ppl are selling Cotto short and writing the book on him when I think its too early and he has only had 2 losses.

Just look at Wlad though he is one of my favz and I hate to draw attention to his 3 losses, but he was stopped 3 times and now look at him, HW champion of the world, contenders don't even want shots.........and he also happens to be trained by Steward too.

Comment

bump................

Comment

Working...
                      X