No announcement yet.

Roach calls Urango a bum and says that Alexander can't beat Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach calls Urango a bum and says that Alexander can't beat Khan

- Congratulations on Amir Khan's victory over the more experienced Paulie Malignaggi. Your perspective on the fight?

Roach: I was very pleased. We worked hard in training on using the left hand to be more effective. I turned Amir loose in the 11th round and he took care of business.

- Is Amir Khan ready to take on the likes of Tim Bradley or Devon Alexander?

Roach: I think he is ready. I have only seen Devon Alexander fight once on television and he knocked out some bum. Everyone has been raving about how great he is but he can't beat Amir Khan.

- How about Timothy Bradley?

Roach: What I would like is for Amir to fight Marcos Maidana next while Bradley fights Alexander and Amir would fight the winner.

Any chance of Amir avenging his only loss with a rematch against Brediss Prescott?

Roach: No, the guy has lost two fights in a row. We are leaps and bounds above him at this point. If it was an interesting fight and people would pay to see it then we would consider a rematch but there is no interest in that fight.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Tyler052410.htm

lol alexandera got smoked hard.

Comment

Ahh Freddie. Your come-uppance isn't going to be pretty. I hope it's not at the expense of guys like, like Khan.

Comment

Put him in there with him then Roach!

Comment

Urango is not a bum, but he's not great either. Alexander was starting to get tagged pretty good before he landed that shot.

Comment

He could've seen him in the Witter fight on Showtime. Witter really did look like some bum.

Comment

He's acting like Paulie is some kind of legendary power puncher with his 5KOs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                Urango is not a bum, but he's not great either. Alexander was starting to get tagged pretty good before he landed that shot.
                This . I rewatched the fight the other day and I saw Urango getting his timing better and narrowing the gap between him and Alexander.

Alexander didn't adapt in that fight. He just stuck with his gameplan and Urango threw that wild shot and Alexander timed his shot perfectly and uppercut him good. It was a double impact, Urango's head was coming down and Alexanders punch came from under and BOOM !!

Comment

Until Khan's chin passes the test at 140, I think both Bradley and Alexander can take Khan out.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    Until Khan's chin passes the test at 140, I think both Bradley and Alexander can take Khan out.
                    lets face it most top guys at 140 135 can take out khan, he can change the way he boxes but his chin isnt going to change much, of course moving up in weight will help, but with khan there will always be a chance that he gots flattened.

Comment

Working...
                    X