Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider it a cowardly act if a fighter avoids another fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Yeah. It's 'Typist'. If you do it a lot it's 'Typicals'. Gotit?
    Thank you, young man.

I trust you remember my fight with Larry Holmes.

I crushed him.

I felt like Holger Danske that night.

Now, I feel like him in that cold dark castle, alone and lonely.

I am scared Bat. Very scared. It's cold and dark here. And the tourist treat me like a side show.

Comment

Its okay if your english isn't that good, because my english is terrible but I'm also typing extremely fast. I honestly hate some of the people on here who attack peoples grammar especially since alot of us speak different languages.

Comment

No! Not at all... its a career, you need to think about your moves outside of the ring as well as the inside. You keep picking fights with the top dogs and you keep getting mauled, fans are going to stop watching your fights and that means less $$$ for your promoters, I don't know any promoter who would still push for someone like that to fight in their events.

I know I would have ducked a few fighters if I was a professional... but alas, it is all a dream!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNielsen View Post
          Thank you, young man.

I trust you remember my fight with Larry Holmes.

I crushed him.

I felt like Holger Danske that night.

Now, I feel like him in that cold dark castle, alone and lonely.

I am scared Bat. Very scared. It's cold and dark here. And the tourist treat me like a side show.
          You crushed Tyson too Brian. And nearly smashed Marciano's record. You are a modern-day Tordenskjold.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            You crushed Tyson too Brian. And nearly smashed Marciano's record. You are a modern-day Tordenskjold.
            Money was not good enough for Dicky Ryan apparently.

He was underrated.

I had a bad night.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
              No! Not at all... its a career, you need to think about your moves outside of the ring as well as the inside. You keep picking fights with the top dogs and you keep getting mauled, fans are going to stop watching your fights and that means less $$$ for your promoters, I don't know any promoter who would still push for someone like that to fight in their events.

I know I would have ducked a few fighters if I was a professional... but alas, it is all a dream!
              To be an atg you must duck to be the best, is that the philosophy? I think Gatti should be consider an ATG for taking on the best all the time. Hell, lets throw Micky Wards name in there aswell. I forgot to Mention Marquez/Vasquez too! True warriors fight the best!

Comment

Not necessarily "cowardly", but it's not something that the fans want to see nor is it something that should be rewarded.

Throughout history though, it's happened a lot. There's a lot of factors that come into play, politics, promotional contracts, money, etc...that cause fighters or their camps to "avoid" certain fighters. It usually just comes down to the risk being too much for the financial rewards.

Comment

yea it's not right to call a fighter a coward but let's be real, it's cowardly when one ducks another fighter.

Comment

Who does that brag they are the greatest and not back it up. Maybe if you were getting hit up side your head for money and had the harsh reality of what is business cents and business sense. I will not hate on any fighter for taking an easy fight and an easy payday because fans like you and myself try to judge then when all of the time on this site we normally request a stream rather than support them by buying the PPV or going to see the fight. I love building up a fight as it has been done for years and im really of fighters being smarter than fighters of years pasy. No hating get your chesse.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      Hell NO its not always cowardly. Sometimes its business. People cant just loook at this like its some damn video game. This is these guys jobs, lives, & well being. Some things just dont make sense to do. If you had 2 choices and one guy was a killer but you would only make $100 fighting him and the other guy was a bum but you would make a mil fighting him, it doesnt mean that you are a coward if you pick the bum. It just makes the most sense and I want to get paid
                      How bout when a superfight that'll make both fighters tens of millions of dollars is possible right now but one fighter shows complete disinterest in making it happen but at the same time claims to be the best ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X