No announcement yet.

Why Travis Tygart and the USADA are bad for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    Ok first, just because the Mosley-Mayweather fight didn't have blood tests after 18 days before the fight doesn't mean it'll be the same for every fight(if they happen to be involved in future fights.)

Random testing is just that. RANDOM. Meaning for one fight they can come in and test 3 weeks before the fight and then turn around and test 3-4 days before another. These cut-off dates and other mess is unneccesary. I think Manny's people feel comfortable knowing that there wasn't blood drawn 18 days before the fight. But they might be taking this lightly cause that might not be the case if USADA does it for Floyd and Manny
    There was an agreement to stop blood testing, meaning USADA agreed to it, so its not really random.

Then if the Pac-Mayweather fight was a diffirent case, then it seems there is some biase against Pacquiao.

Comment

the USADAis a waste of time in boxing...them mofos can easily be bought, theyre a bunch money lovin, lyin ass sons of bitches.........

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        the USADAis a waste of time in boxing...them mofos can easily be bought, theyre a bunch money lovin, lyin ass sons of bitches.........
        I agree..Why can't Pacquiao have everything his way like he has in his previous negotiations? Who the hell is Floyd Mayweather to ask for anything?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
          I agree..Why can't Pacquiao have everything his way like he has in his previous negotiations? Who the hell is Floyd Mayweather to ask for anything?
          pac agreed to gorilla-dog's 14 days. considering mosley/floyd was only 18 days, its more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            pac agreed to gorilla-dog's 14 days. considering mosley/floyd was only 18 days, its more than enough.
            Yadayadayadayada..Aren't you tired of repeating the same thing over and over when you're proven wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bongwater View Post
              The USADA and the whole Olympic style drug testing was nothing but an scheme crafted by Floyd Mayweather to avoid fighting Pac. 14 days... 18 days or whatever cutoff period -- Floyd doesnt really give a ****. Floyd knows he successfully wiggled his way out of a megafight with Pac.
              Also, Floyd Mayweather Sr. is secretly the president of the USADA. That is why they cut the blood testing off at 18 days for Jr., but didn't cut it off for Mosley until, gulp, 17 days before the fight. That explains why Mosley look so sluggish in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                Why are you still repeating this bull**** as if it were fact. The USADA did not draw blood less than 18 days out. That doesn't mean that they couldn't draw blood a week or two days before the fight. It simply means that they CHOSE NOT TO. That means that the two athletes did not know if blood would be drawn or not, which means they couldn't cheat, thus the meaning of random drug testing.

If Pac wants the fight, he will have to agree to no cut off date. If he doesn't, he can fight Margarito. At this point, I don't really give a damn because I can think of three to four fighters who are better than Pac whom I would rather see Floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                  There was an agreement to stop blood testing, meaning USADA agreed to it, so its not really random.

Then if the Pac-Mayweather fight was a diffirent case, then it seems there is some biase against Pacquiao.

I wasn't aware of any agreement from Floyd, Mosley and USADA to have an 18 Day-Cut Off...can you find me a source that would state this?

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post

You should read the legitimate article on Yahoo Sports. There was NO AGREEMENT to stop the blood tests. The USADA chose to cut it off at 18 days. As the chairman put it, they could have blood-tested them the day of the fight if they wanted to. When will you ******ed Pac fans realize that you shouldn't believe anything that comes out of Bob Arum's or Ronnie Nathanielz mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      i'm always perplexed by this argument. how could floyd have been certain that pac wouldn't just agree to the tests like every other fighter in the world? if anyone wiggled their way out of the fight, wouldn't it be the guy who refused testing...filed a lawsuit and broke off negotiations? just sayin. it amazes me that there are still people out there that think refusing tests wildly used by olympic athletes citing they will weaken him as his excuse isn't suspicious.
                      What amazes me is that these same people who claimed that Pacquaio was right to reject the tests and there should be no testing are now praising Pac for agreeing to a cutoff date of 14 days. If Pac agrees to no cutoff date, which will have to happen to make the fight, they will then praise him for his willingness to accept the test.

So, to sum it up, he was right not to agree to the tests prior to 30 days out. He was right to agree to the tests at 14 days out. And, once the fight is made, he will be right to agree to no cutoff date. I guess that, once Mayweather knocks his ass out, Pac will be right when he lets Mayweather beat the **** out of him so the referee can stop the fight and put an end to a boring fight with a guy who does nothing but run every fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X