Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao to receive BWAA 2009 Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao to receive BWAA 2009 Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade award

Pacquiao to receive BWAA 2009 Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade award in New York June 4
    May 22, 2:12 AMFilipino Sports ExaminerDennis "dSource" Guillermo

The Boxing Writers Association of America will be having it's 85th annual awards dinner in New York City, on June 4, 2010, and for the third time in it's history, Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao is being honored as it's Fighter of the Year. Only Muhammad Ali and Evander Holyfield have won the prestigious award in as many occasions.

Not only is Pacquiao the recipient of the award which this year will bear the name of one of the greatest fighters of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson, the newly elected Congressman of Saranggani Province, Philippines is also being awarded as it's Fighter of the Decade.

Pacquiao's attendance to grace the ceremony and personally receive the award has been confirmed and announced through the BWAA website.

Other winners receiving awards are:

Freddie Roach - Trainer of the Year

Juan Manuel Marquez & Juan Diaz - Fight of the Year

Mills Lane - James A. Farley award for Honesty and Integrity

Alexis Arguello - Marvin Kohn Good Guy Award

Side Note: This year will be a special BWAA dinner because I will be attending it. Not that anybody will notice, but I'm just saying. Kidding aside, congratulations to all the winners!

OH NO!! Another FIGHTER OF THE DECADE thread.

Congrats Pacquiao for being FIGHTER OF THE DECADE!!

Comment

Imagine in floyds era Manny is the FIGHTER OF THE DECADE

Comment

Isnt floyd the FOTD....................ahhh right................he blew it..........lol

Comment

just reminding the *****s that pac is the real fighter of the decade. nyahahahaha

Comment

Floyd and his fans will be angry and upset upon hearing this

Comment

Originally posted by bongwater View Post
              Floyd and his fans will be angry and upset upon hearing this
              LOL. I don't have any intentions of hurting the feelings of the *****s, but the truth should be told and i'm just informing them that the award will be this coming june.....

Comment

Fighter of the Decade.

That's Manny Pacquiao.

He's the Fighter of the Decade....yep! lol

Comment

What DECADE is he FIGHTER OF THE DECADE??????? Is it this DECADE?

What a DECADE!!!

Comment

I just hope that the *****s could sleep well at night after reading this....

Comment

Working...
                    X