Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson: "Amir Khan is a more formidable puncher than Floyd Mayweather Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naazim Richardson: "Amir Khan is a more formidable puncher than Floyd Mayweather Jr"

Naazim Richardson talks Cunningham, Mosley, Mayweather, HBO and more

By: Albert Alvarez

One on One Chat with Naazim Richardson

It’s been a while since we last connected, how are you?

NR- I’m doing good brother, just hanging on with two hands.

I hear that, so here we are 2 weeks before the showdown between Steve Cunningham and Troy Ross, How is Steve looking?

NR- Steve is good. We are getting these rounds in and just doing what we have to do to get that win. I’m having a southpaw fighter come over to the gym now.

It’s going to be a real good fight because we all know the skill, heart, and determination that Steve has, but Ross is a fighter also.

NR- Yes he is, but Steve is sharp, real sharp. Not just physically but also mentally.

How is Shane doing? I haven’t been able to reach him. Have you talked to him?

NR- Shane is doing good, Shane is cool. People ask me all the time as if Shane got hurt in that fight or something.

Shane never really looked real hurt to me, Shane looked dead tired to me, but no I wouldn’t say hurt.

NR- People got to understand that Shane is a real fighter, Shane is built from a different type of cloth. So when I heard Mayweather say some **** that he could have stopped him, I was like brother please this aint Hatton or even Marquez.
    Yeah afterword, I heard some people say that you should have just stopped the fight. Some made it seem as if it was life or death, like you were to step in on Shane like the great Eddie Futch did by telling Frazier that it was over. Speaking of the great Eddie Futch, man that is one man that I wish I could have met. What are your thoughts on that?

NR- Meeting and talking to Eddie Futch was and will always be very special to me. I feel very lucky to have met and talked with him. As for the people that said I should have stopped the fight, stopped the fight? For what? Shane wasn’t in there with no puncher. Floyd can say this and that that he could have stopped him, that’s just the wanna be gorilla in him talking. Floyd is very talented and very gifted but let’s call it like it is, Floyd aint no gorrila like that. You got to understand the makeup of this man, I seen Shane take out dudes late in fights, Like I mentioned to you, the makeup of this man is to be a fighter. Shane wasn’t in there with the kind of puncher that Malignaggi was just in there with. In a fight like that one there between Khan and Malignaggi, yeah I would have probably stopped it.

You are the sharpest mind in the game so I hope you get that HBO gig, any word on that?

NR- Thanks brother. It’s all talk right now, nothing real serious. My thing is, you get me a close ass seat to the ring and I am there.[laughing] Alright my man, I gotta let you go now gotta get these guys to work. Take care and thanks for the call.

http://www.diamondboxing.com/news/archives/6559
    Last edited by wazaa.; 05-21-2010, 02:52 AM.

khan for congress

Comment

good interview. khan isnt even at 70% yet.

Comment

Nazim is actually wazaa's uncle.

Comment

Good ****. Malignaggi just really have a hell of a chin.

Comment

Amir is finally getting the recognition. I'm so happy .

Comment

can khan speak fluent urdu?

Comment

i was laughing too when i heard floyd say he'll go for knockout on shane
                i was like the guy is dreaming
                couldnt even knockout marquez and thinking about knocking out shane?

even a dang old tire shane floyd couldnt knockout what a pillow puncher like malignaggi that just keep dreaming about knocking out opponents lol

his not a gorilla dog
                his a "monkey puppy floyd"
                a gorilla wanna be

Comment

Originally posted by Juan De La Cruz View Post
                  can khan speak fluent urdu?

Comment

khan may be a stylistic nightmare for mayweather.

He will not stop throwing the jab. Mayweathers overhand counters will not reach in time.

Comment

Working...
                    X