Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson: "Amir Khan is a more formidable puncher than Floyd Mayweather Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    Naazim Richardson talks Cunningham, Mosley, Mayweather, HBO and more

By: Albert Alvarez

One on One Chat with Naazim Richardson

It’s been a while since we last connected, how are you?

NR- I’m doing good brother, just hanging on with two hands.

I hear that, so here we are 2 weeks before the showdown between Steve Cunningham and Troy Ross, How is Steve looking?

NR- Steve is good. We are getting these rounds in and just doing what we have to do to get that win. I’m having a southpaw fighter come over to the gym now.

It’s going to be a real good fight because we all know the skill, heart, and determination that Steve has, but Ross is a fighter also.

NR- Yes he is, but Steve is sharp, real sharp. Not just physically but also mentally.

How is Shane doing? I haven’t been able to reach him. Have you talked to him?

NR- Shane is doing good, Shane is cool. People ask me all the time as if Shane got hurt in that fight or something.

Shane never really looked real hurt to me, Shane looked dead tired to me, but no I wouldn’t say hurt.

NR- People got to understand that Shane is a real fighter, Shane is built from a different type of cloth. So when I heard Mayweather say some **** that he could have stopped him, I was like brother please this aint Hatton or even Marquez.
    Yeah afterword, I heard some people say that you should have just stopped the fight. Some made it seem as if it was life or death, like you were to step in on Shane like the great Eddie Futch did by telling Frazier that it was over. Speaking of the great Eddie Futch, man that is one man that I wish I could have met. What are your thoughts on that?

NR- Meeting and talking to Eddie Futch was and will always be very special to me. I feel very lucky to have met and talked with him. As for the people that said I should have stopped the fight, stopped the fight? For what? Shane wasn’t in there with no puncher. Floyd can say this and that that he could have stopped him, that’s just the wanna be gorilla in him talking. Floyd is very talented and very gifted but let’s call it like it is, Floyd aint no gorrila like that. You got to understand the makeup of this man, I seen Shane take out dudes late in fights, Like I mentioned to you, the makeup of this man is to be a fighter. Shane wasn’t in there with the kind of puncher that Malignaggi was just in there with. In a fight like that one there between Khan and Malignaggi, yeah I would have probably stopped it.

You are the sharpest mind in the game so I hope you get that HBO gig, any word on that?

NR- Thanks brother. It’s all talk right now, nothing real serious. My thing is, you get me a close ass seat to the ring and I am there.[laughing] Alright my man, I gotta let you go now gotta get these guys to work. Take care and thanks for the call.

http://www.diamondboxing.com/news/archives/6559
    Naazim is a real loser,he talked a big fight and his fighter got an ass whooping.Shane was well beaten in that fight and Floyd was just a bit more careful not to get carried away but he could have knocked out Shane.Shane's face was bruised all over and probably swelled after the fight,explains why Shane's living in the basement of his house.
    Naazim's trying everything in his power to discredit Shane but he's looking and sounding like the loser he is the more he speaks

Comment

khan is going to be like pacquiao mark II

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
        i was laughing too when i heard floyd say he'll go for knockout on shane
        i was like the guy is dreaming
        couldnt even knockout marquez and thinking about knocking out shane?

even a dang old tire shane floyd couldnt knockout what a pillow puncher like malignaggi that just keep dreaming about knocking out opponents lol

his not a gorilla dog
        his a "monkey puppy floyd"
        a gorilla wanna be
        To his credit, he did legitimately hurt Shane a few times throughout the fight.

Khan is an amazing talent but the kid has got some ***** in him. He needs that hunger and the desire. I think Alexander and Bradley tax that ass until he finds the heart

Comment

Originally posted by peekabooboxing View Post
          khan is going to be like pacquiao mark II
          A left handed tommy hearns. just can't wait to see timothy bradley's legs crumble like drumsticks when khan lands that jab.

Comment

LMFAO at 1:42 at that dudes facial expression with the nod.

One of the funniest things interviews I've ever seen. The interviewer was funny lookin as hell! hahahahahahahahaha

Nazim is the man. Khan's got mad skills. Let's just hope his chin can get him up to his potential!

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
              To his credit, he did legitimately hurt Shane a few times throughout the fight.

Khan is an amazing talent but the kid has got some ***** in him. He needs that hunger and the desire. I think Alexander and Bradley tax that ass until he finds the heart
              lol did u watch a different version of the fight?

have u seen shane daze from floyd punches?

lol a tire old shane was just bouncing through his punches, like somewhat floyds punches are pillow with spring on them lol

u should watch the real version not the dream version of floyd hurting shane..

Comment

i disagree with this...it's more than obvious that floyd holds back for the sake of defense...he had shane's neck about to fall off by simply applying minimal pressure and making shane come to him...if floyd all out pressed an attack...he could have gotten shane out of there...this is the one thing that people (including nazim) know for a fact...and also one of the reason's why floyd is disliked by a lot of casual fans...

Comment

i checked out the early minutes but he reply in english...

Comment

it appears that amir has apparently won every ****ing trophy to ever exist...got damn that kid is decorated...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                      i disagree with this...it's more than obvious that floyd holds back for the sake of defense...he had shane's neck about to fall off by simply applying minimal pressure and making shane come to him...if floyd all out pressed an attack...he could have gotten shane out of there...this is the one thing that people (including nazim) know for a fact...and also one of the reason's why floyd is disliked by a lot of casual fans...
                      Khan was wearing Reebok gloves in that fight, which are notorious for their emphasis on soft punching.

If khan was wearing Reyes punchers gloves that pacquaio wore for erik morales the damage would have been far worse.

Also malignaggi has an iron chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X