Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Mayweather bring up testing for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wanted a mental edge against him.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      I would of thought it was because he sparked hatton out at his best weight with 1 punch, and then went on to give cotto a bad beating. I dont think Mayweather sr said anything about it until he beat hatton. i could be wrong tho!
      Hatton left himside wide open for that punch it wasn't anything out of ordinary. Hatton said 'please hit me here' and pacquiao responded. Hatton was never a world beater anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        Maybe he has some insider info that everyone outside of boxing does not. There are some inside things that people in the profession know that outsiders don't know. No one knows for sure. However, most logical people can't understand why someone would object to testing to make sure they are not cheating unless they are cheating. Of course, *******s and Floyd haters are not logical people.
        What is mind-boggling to me is are you Floyd fans have any blood relations to Floyd? I mean I could understand a father's concern over his son.

Pac rejects the demand, which he has every right to. Why the hatred? Are you Floyd's brother?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
          Floyd Sr talked him into it. He said he was doing what any father would do.
          So his father believes pacquiao is on to something? Had his father not got involved or even mentioned the testing would it have ever arised to him about pacquiao juicing?

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
            What is mind-boggling to me is are you Floyd fans have any blood relations to Floyd? I mean I could understand a father's concern over his son.

Pac rejects the demand, which he has every right to. Why the hatred? Are you Floyd's brother?
            I am not related to Floyd. I am just a fan. I just don't understand why someone would not want to take a blood test to make sure everything is fair, especially if it has been proven that taking blood does not weaken a fighter for two weeks. Ask anyone you know who is not a boxing fan and I guarantee you that they would not be able to understand it either.

Comment

I'm not going to make accusations. I just believe Mayweather feels there is a stigma around Pac and his incredible performances. One that reminiscent of the baseball players, who were hitting more home runs or the Olympic athletes setting world records. There performances were so amazing and the general public went right along with it until the cat was let out of the bag. I believe the situation to be the same with Pac. He was already a good fighter, and then he turned into an extraordinary fighter. I acredit Roach with a lot, at the same time questions have been posed. I believe it would greatly help erase this negative stigma if Pac would just agree to the test and shut the door on this issue once and for all. I don't neccesarily agree with the position of him bending to the "will" of Mayweather but helping to solidify his "clean" athlete status. Two other athletes are currently doing this, Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay, and their excelling currently under stringent testing circumstances. Again, I just feel it would be in Pac's best interest to just get the test done, shut the haters up, and fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Casual;8364541]So his father believes pacquiao is on to something? Had his father not got involved or even mentioned the testing would it have ever arised to him about pacquiao juicing?[/QUOTE]

Good question but no one here can answer that truthfully.

Like I said in another thread IMO Manny hasn't done anything to make me think he is on something. At the sametime I do not have trained professional boxing eye as the Mayweathers do. I can say that I believe Manny and his camp made this worse than it had to be with all the different reasons they gave for why Manny couldn't take the tests.

People must also realize that after the Morales loss Manny offered TWO different excuses why he lost which was the gloves and his shoes. Manny's last excuse was him feeling weak from giving blood. I can't see why people feel that others don't have a reason to suspect Manny MIGHT be doing something illegal.

Comment

HERE IS THE ACTUAL ANSWER:

There has been both knowledge based on fact, and some additional speculation about the Wild card gym and about many of the athletes there.

Actual fact is that many of the guys Roach worked with have been steroids users, and speculation is centered around the guys who have not been busted. The reality is that looooong before Mayweather, Sr. mentioned anything about Pacquiao and steroids, the topic was circulating in boxing circles. If you don't believe that, ask anyone who has been close to the sport (unbiased diehards). i.e., ask Iceman Scully, not Shawn Porter. In fact, if you do a search, you will find Pacquiao steroids threads on this very site long before FMS brought it to the forefront.

July 2008:
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...quiao+steroids

April 2009:
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...quiao+steroids

April 2009 from Asian Sensation:
                  It'd be easier to find a trainer who didn't at one time or another train or consort with a drug user at the time; Toney just happens to be one of the more well-known offenders in the sport.

Steroid abuse is rampant in the business, and for the most part it's swept under the rug or just not openly discussed. When it comes to performance enhancing drugs, nothing really shocks me in this sport. If boxing had "off-season" testing in place for it's ranked contenders/champions, the names that would come up would put the sport on it's side.

Here are some facts:

In 2007, Pacquiao was training with Justin Fortune, who is a known steroids user. In 2007, Pac went eight lackluster rounds with Solis, and then looked quite average against Barrera, and many had him losingthe Marquez rematch.

Starting in 2008, Pacquiao went on a remarkable run after he seemed to be on the downside. That is very much a Bonds-esque, Clemens-esque trend. A late-career run that eclipses anything you did earlier in your career.

People fail to recognize that the Mayweathers are deeply tied in to the sport. Some of these *******s-come-lately think that the Mayweather family is new to the sport. They forget that Senior trained Oscar when he fought roiders Shane and Vargas. Floyd was sparring with Pernell and Frankie Randall when he was 16/17 years old. Roger trained Vernon Forrest in the ams. These guys have been around the sport their whole lives. They know everybody. You don't think they hear rumours? Whether the rumours are true or not, you hear them. And it makes you skeptical/cautious.

And there's this:

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1721/roac...tive_for_peds/

Roach knows of two of his fighters who tested positive for PEDs

Posted Mar. 12, 2010 at 11:06am

By Michael Rosenthal

DALLAS – Freddie Roach, the trainer of Manny Pacquiao, said he has worked with two fighters who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs but takes precautions so it won’t creep into his gym in Hollywood, Calif.

Roach said one of his former fighters, Justin Fortune, was known to have used PEDs and James Toney twice tested positive for steroids, once when he was working with Roach.

“I won’t say I didn’t know,” said Roach, referring to Toney. “I never asked him, though. I never had a conversation. I could see his body structure had signs, his traps and stuff. He was either lifting a lot of weight or he was on (something).

“… I think I had one other fighter on steroids also, Justin Fortune. … I know he’d been there before.”

Comment

Mayweather is a fighter. Fighters hear things, know things. Boxing is a small community. You do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                      So his father believes pacquiao is on to something? Had his father not got involved or even mentioned the testing would it have ever arised to him about pacquiao juicing?
                      That's correct. Floyd Sr is the one behind the drug testing, and the one who originally accused Pac of juicing. If not for him, the testing never would have happened. The first time was after he destroyed Hatton. The second time was not because of how he beat Cotto, but because of how he took his best punches without even flinching. Mosley sat right next to Floyd Sr during that fight, and Shane said he would constantly say "That guy's gotta be juicing. Look at how he's taking those shots.".

Comment

Working...
                      X