Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Sr. "I Don't Like My Son Fighting Southpaws.." (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Sr. "I Don't Like My Son Fighting Southpaws.." (Audio)

A 9 minute clip where Floyd Mayweather Sr. talks about his son's recent fight with Shane Mosley and future potential bouts with Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez.

He also makes the statement, about 5 minutes in - "I don't like my son fighting southpaws" and goes into some history about Floyd's past performances against southpaw boxers.

Last edited by BoxCleva; 05-13-2010, 02:10 AM.

yeah, this is old news but he still admits it. The problem is that the 3 guys everyone wants to see Floyd fight are Southpaws. He's gotten better with it anyways. I think he kills Pac, Williams, & Sergio if they were righties but them being soutpaw makes them very interesting fights. As long as Floyd doesnt get caught with some BS early, I think he clearly beats Pac & Sergio in a 12 round fight. Williams may be different but only time will tell

Comment

ah- hah....how much more if his son was fighting the best south paw of all time!............

Comment

fact is most trainers dnt like their fighter fightin southpaws.

Comment

Who would want to fight them? They do everything different and the punches fighters have been ducking, come from different places. I imagine 20 years ago fighters couldn't avoid them and be high ranked.

Comment

so the fight ain't gonna happen mayweathers will not take any risk

Comment

[Rocky and Mickey are watching the film of the first fight]

Mickey: Left handed fighters they're the worst. They try to come in there with that big left. Right's no damn good. They ought to outlaw southpaws!

Rocky Balboa: Why didn't you tell me that before?

Mickey: I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by fugu View Post
                [Rocky and Mickey are watching the film of the first fight]

Mickey: Left handed fighters they're the worst. They try to come in there with that big left. Right's no damn good. They ought to outlaw southpaws!

Rocky Balboa: Why didn't you tell me that before?

Mickey: I didn't want to hurt your feelings.
                lmao, classic but true!!

Comment

Why is FMS worried about it? He doesn't train Floyd Jr. Roger does!!!!! The brains in this club is ROGER!!!

Comment

That was a classic line lol, I loved that Mickey was telling him the truth nobody likes fighting a lefty not even lefties. Paul Williams got the breaks beat of him from Quintana and Martinez but he managed to pull it out in the later rounds against Martinez. Looks like Mayweather is going to have to make nice with Judah and Maybe look to bring Devon Alexander in for some southpaw sparring partners.

Comment

Working...
                    X