Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Summer fights: Im not moved by them.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    If this is underwhelming than I can't even consider you a true a boxing fan. Just because it's not Pac or Mayweather doesn't mean it isn't a fight that you should be excited about.
    Did I not say after the GREAT March, April and May we just seen and will still see?

Thats why i said it was underwhelming. Last I checked Pac vs. May didnt happen in those months either.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Ahh... Ok... Still good.
      I think Daiki-Sakata will come off sometime during the summer as well, Sakata's people just won the purse bid for that fight.

Roman Gonzalez SHOULD have a fight during the summer. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
        I think Daiki-Sakata will come off sometime during the summer as well, Sakata's people just won the purse bid for that fight.

Roman Gonzalez SHOULD have a fight during the summer. SMH
        I am starting to give up

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
          personally Im gonna enjoy watching Green get his ass kicked(for personal reasons!)..though I think it will be a tougher fight than some think..I think Ward will be victorious..
          personal reasons

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            June 5th: Cotto Foreman.
            June 19th:Ward vs. Green.
            July 10th: Lopez vs. Concepcion
            July 17th: Bradley vs. Judah??
            July 24th: Caballero vs Gamboa
            July 31st: Marquez Diaz II.
            my predictions..winners in bold

Comment

the hell? those a good interesting fights. the summer lineup is just as good as the fights we've been getting these recent weeks. this year has actually been pretty great so far.

Comment

I like boxing, I will catch them all.

Comment

Is that it?? After the crazy March, April and May thats pretty underwhelming.
                  Yup boxing this year sucks so bad and there is a lot of reasons why.

1. Abraham vs Dirrell was delayed twice, thus slowing down the super 6 tournament and ruining potential matchup for both boxers.
                  2. Chad Dawson is not active till August.
                  3. Ward vs Green delayed, thus slowing down the super 6 tournament.
                  4. Pacquiao vs Mayweather canceled.
                  5. Pavlik vs Williams canceled. I know that was last year, but it's relevant to what's happening this year.

If these events never happened, there would have been a change in the dynamic of boxing, something different, something much better.
                  Last edited by Boxingwizard; 05-12-2010, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Is that it?? After the crazy March, April and May thats pretty underwhelming.
                    There are plenty of fights this summer that are or could be made which though are not showcasing big stars could be fun and entertaining and if maybe 4-5 end up being really action packed they will be >>>>>>the past 3 months which has been kind of disappointing with Dirrell/AA ending the way it did, Pac/Clottey being lack luster, Floyd/SSM being kind of dull too, the horrible jumping Cintron event that is worth some mention here.

Comment

Jeez Burner, have cool and enjoy what we've got. It's been a crazy few months, so obviously boxing needs its lulled period throughout the summer. Those fights are good, anyway.

It'll pick up again by the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X