Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Floyd have to win 7 titles to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I look at it like this. Who accomplished more between Duran and Leonard? Either way you go is close. I have no problem if you think Leonard accomplished more than Duran.

But, by most people Duran ranks higher than Leonard. Duran beat Leonard and then lost 2x, then Duran also lost to Benitez, Hearns, and Hagler. Leonard beat all those 3 guys. And, again beat Duran 2x. Yet still most people rank Duran higher than Leonard.

I hold Pac higher than Floyd all time. And, I would have to see in what kind of fashion does Floyd beat Pac for me to rank him higher than Pac. And, if Pac beats Floyd he would not move that much more spots to me either. But, it depends on the fashion. Either way a win from either guy would be the best win of their careers.
    That's why your my man 25 grand, j. That's a great example. I rank Pac higher as well. But assuming Floyd wins convincingly then I'd have to place him above. Timing is everything. What made Duran so great is that he went on to accomplish so much more after Leonard. I don't see such a scenario with either fighter here.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      I look at it like this. Who accomplished more between Duran and Leonard? Either way you go is close. I have no problem if you think Leonard accomplished more than Duran.

But, by most people Duran ranks higher than Leonard. Duran beat Leonard and then lost 2x, then Duran also lost to Benitez, Hearns, and Hagler. Leonard beat all those 3 guys. And, again beat Duran 2x. Yet still most people rank Duran higher than Leonard.

So H2H match ups does not decide for me who is greater.

I hold Pac higher than Floyd all time. And, I would have to see in what kind of fashion does Floyd beat Pac for me to rank him higher than Pac. And, if Pac beats Floyd he would not move that much more spots to me either. But, it depends on the fashion. Either way a win from either guy would be the best win of their careers.
      Bro the greatest example of this is Sandler, who was Pep's peer, beat him 3 times outta 4 yet is no where near Pep on the ATG list.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        7 titles in 7 different classes > 5 titles in 5 different classes
        3 FOTY > 2 FOTY
        5 lineals > 3 lineals
        Win over Barrera >>>>>>>>>Win over Corrales
        Manny has Fighter of the Decade and also has a better resume.

To me, just beating Manny isn't enough. He has to accomplish a few more things to get on Pac's level (accomplishment wise).

Also what would be Ironic, and something you guys might not wanna hear, is that they could possible give the Lineal/Ring WW title to Manny if Shane beats Berto and Manny beats Shane. That would be funny as hell, and people wiould be pissed, but Manny would have the WBO/WBA/WBC belts at WW.
        Honestly, none of what you wrote means much except for the Barrera/Corrales thing. You can win a linear title in one division that isn't as good as mine in another. So it's redic to go by that. You look at their resumes and compare. Period. Wins and losses, against who and...when.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
          7 titles in 7 different classes > 5 titles in 5 different classes
          3 FOTY > 2 FOTY
          5 lineals > 3 lineals
          Win over Barrera >>>>>>>>>Win over Corrales
          Manny has Fighter of the Decade and also has a better resume.

To me, just beating Manny isn't enough. He has to accomplish a few more things to get on Pac's level (accomplishment wise).

Also what would be Ironic, and something you guys might not wanna hear, is that they could possible give the Lineal/Ring WW title to Manny if Shane beats Berto and Manny beats Shane. That would be funny as hell, and people wiould be pissed, but Manny would have the WBO/WBA/WBC belts at WW.
          Belts don't mean a thing. I mean as Mayweather said "I'm really the WBA champ, Just saying". Even Mayweather's accomplishments tend to be overrated, I mean Gatti? Really?. **** David Diaz had a belt, ignore all that. Talk to me about opposition. You still haven't comvinced me Pacquiao accomplished "Way more".

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            That's why your my man 25 grand, j. That's a great example. I rank Pac higher as well. But assuming Floyd wins convincingly then I'd have to place him above. Timing is everything. What made Duran so great is that he went on to accomplish so much more after Leonard. I don't see such a scenario with either fighter here.
            I agree about Duran accomplishments after Leonard. And, honestly both Floyd or Pac might retire after the fight. So you right with that scenario.

I think that means a lot is the fashion of the victory. Floyd really moved up for me by the fashion that he beat Shane. And, him beating Pac similar dominant fashion can have him rank ahead of Pac. But, if he beats him like he did with Castillo or to a lesser extent with Oscar. That it was just like an eh type or performance. Than I am not sure I could put him ahead of Pac.

Same with thing Pac if he beats Floyd like he has beating his 4 opponents he might move a significant amount. But, if he beats Floyd like he did JMM. Then he stays around the same spot IMO.

But, like I said either way a win would be the best win of their career. Floyd>Barrera, Pac>Corrales.

Comment

I think the biggest myth on NSB s that Manny accomplished "way more" then Floyd.

Its pretty damn close.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                I think the biggest myth on NSB s that Manny accomplished "way more" then Floyd.

Its pretty damn close.
                It's the "belt/title" syndrome. Using that logic, Oscar De La Hoya is the greatest ever, with 10 titles in six divisions

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  What kind of dumb ****** logic is that?
                  because hes jealous of pac... the only way to surpass someone your jealous of is achieving more of what they have. floyd has 10 more years to accomplish that

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    It's the "belt/title" syndrome. Using that logic, Oscar De La Hoya is the greatest ever, with 10 titles in six divisions
                    Exaclty I bring that up alot. They say Pac is great because of the 7 belts. Then I say well is Oscar right after?

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R View Post
                      because hes jealous of pac... the only way to surpass someone your jealous of is achieving more of what they have. floyd has 10 more years to accomplish that
                      Come on, please don't ruin this conversation. There are knowledgeable fans here representing all sides.

Comment

Working...
                      X