Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Floyd have to win 7 titles to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    In the peoples eyes...lol.
    Man Mosley was not the #1 WW regardless of what NSB tries to say. To this day there still isn't a #1 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      Yes, Manny would still will be higher on the ATG list.
      Nah man, can't say that. If Floyd beats the consensus #1 pound for pound fighter in the world to retire undefeated? That's the kind of win that catapults him.

Comment

Man Mosley was not the #1 WW regardless of what NSB tries to say. To this day there still isn't a #1 guy.
        He was the peoples champ..lol.

Floyd is the Number 1 WW by everybody.

If he retires undefeated with a win over Pac he passed him on my list for what its worth.

Comment

If he retires undefeated with a win over Pac he passed him on my list for what its worth.
          I'd have to agree. If he beats Pacquiao that's a pretty big scalp - and vice versa. Throw that in with Shane, Castillo, Corrales...undefeated? Yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Nah man, can't say that. If Floyd beats the consensus #1 pound for pound fighter in the world to retire undefeated? That's the kind of win that catapults him.
            I guess to each his own. I look at the work they put in their careers as to how I judge fighters ATG wise, but I can see your argument. I say this because Sandler beat Pep not once but 3 times and still isn't above willie on the ATG list. IMO Pac has accomplish way more than Floyd but if Floyd can somehow win the MW title, get another fighter of the year etc...then I would put him ahead of Pac.

Comment

again to each his own. If you think that...cool, I have no issues as I can respect everyone's opinion (at least try to...lol)

Comment

I guess to each his own. I look at the work they put in their careers as to how I judge fighters ATG wise, but I can see your argument. I say this because Sandler beat Pep not once but 3 times and still isn't above willie on the ATG list. IMO Pac has accomplish way more than Floyd but if Floyd can somehow win the MW title, get another fighter of the year etc...then I would put him ahead of Pac.
                You might have to convice us that Pacquiao has accomplished "Way more" then Mayweather.

Comment

I'm going off what they accomplished. I don't think Pac has accomplished that much more. He's lost several times which certainly is a negative and I don't jump up and down just because someone beat a paper champ in a new division (this goes for both fighters). If Floyd beats Pac that's a big scalp.

Comment

I look at it like this. Who accomplished more between Duran and Leonard? Either way you go is close. I have no problem if you think Leonard accomplished more than Duran.

But, by most people Duran ranks higher than Leonard. Duran beat Leonard and then lost 2x, then Duran also lost to Benitez, Hearns, and Hagler. Leonard beat all those 3 guys. And, again beat Duran 2x. Yet still most people rank Duran higher than Leonard.

So H2H match ups does not decide for me who is greater.

I hold Pac higher than Floyd all time. And, I would have to see in what kind of fashion does Floyd beat Pac for me to rank him higher than Pac. And, if Pac beats Floyd he would not move that much more spots to me either. But, it depends on the fashion. Either way a win from either guy would be the best win of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      You might have to convice us that Pacquiao has accomplished "Way more" then Mayweather.
                      7 titles in 7 different classes > 5 titles in 5 different classes
                      3 FOTY > 2 FOTY
                      5 lineals > 3 lineals
                      Win over Barrera >>>>>>>>>Win over Corrales
                      Manny has Fighter of the Decade and also has a better resume.

To me, just beating Manny isn't enough. He has to accomplish a few more things to get on Pac's level (accomplishment wise).

Also what would be Ironic, and something you guys might not wanna hear, is that they could possible give the Lineal/Ring WW title to Manny if Shane beats Berto and Manny beats Shane. That would be funny as hell, and people wiould be pissed, but Manny would have the WBO/WBA/WBC belts at WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X