Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Floyd have to win 7 titles to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by California Love View Post
    He's a paper champ at 135 because he still had some unfinished business to take care at 135. I can't blame him for moving up for a bigger payday, but fans on here act like he's cleaned up every division he fought in. A Pac fan told me a few weeks ago Manny is cleaning the WW division. The WW division cleaned it self up when everybody was beating each other.
    I never claimed he cleaned up any division. As far as those Manny fans...my advice would be to stop paying attention those extremist.

Those posters are ridiculous and most of the times they don't even believe what they are saying...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      I never said he wasn't a bigger threat. He could be a bigger threat simply due to his style of fighting (Mosley hits harder, combined with Pac habit of engaging throughout a fight).

The thing is I just said as far as ranking them it's debatable that's all. Even ring magazine said the same thing, which is why they couldn't label anyone as the clear cut guy.

I mean who do we give it to

Margarito-while he beat Cotto, he lost to Pwill and Shane

Cotto-while he beat shane, judah, Clottey, quinatana...he was still crushed by Margartio

Mosley-he beat Tony, but still lost to Cotto

That is all I'm saying. While someone could make a good argument for Shane, there will always been a counter argument (due to all these guys beating each other) and you can't say with 100% certainty that Shane is the clear cut #1 guy at WW (during that time).
      You go by that year.

Mosley lost to Cotto in 2007.

Cotto lost to Maragrito in 2008.

Margarito lost to Mosley in 2009.

Mosley was the last man standing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        During that time...Mosley was the clear cut #1 welter. Do yourself a favor. Pick up any mag, check any site. And just check their welter rankings the day before Cotto-Pac. Who was the champ?

Thank you.

There's no need for debate here and it's way too fresh to try to revise history. Let's debate honestly and stop trying to cut corners with this "clear cut" business. Shane Mosley was considered the man at 147 and no one thought it was Cotto. And that's the fact.

same can be said about hatton.......................lol..................

Comment

• Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
          same can be said about hatton.......................lol..................
          Yeah...and? Do you even follow boxing?

Comment

Yeah...and? Do you even follow boxing?
            yes he was............lol.........shane wasnt consensus number one.......because he loss to COTTO.................who marg beat (controversial win)..........................................who was the rings number 1 at 140 then???

Comment

yes he was............lol.........shane wasnt consensus number one.......because he loss to COTTO.................who marg beat (controversial win)..........................................who was the rings number 1 at 140 then???
              "Yes he was?"

Yes what was? Please make some sense.

Comment

Again.............

You go by that year.

Mosley lost to Cotto in 2007.

Cotto lost to Maragrito in 2008.

Margarito lost to Mosley in 2009.

Mosley was the last man standing.

Comment

"Yes he was?"

Yes what was? Please make some sense.
                  He was the man at 140.................hatton was..............shane on the other hand was lineal (technically)........but an argument can be made for cotto............................................d ue to mARGS handwraps..........

Comment

He was the man at 140.................hatton was..............shane on the other hand was lineal (technically)........but an argument can be made for cotto............................................d ue to mARGS handwraps..........
                    Hatton was almost KO'd by Lazcano.

Cotto beat Mosley in 2007.

Comment

• Floyd is great but He needs to win 7 division championship belt to equal pac in an atg rankings. Right now he's well behind pac on the atg rankings.

Comment

Working...
                      X