Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Floyd have to win 7 titles to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Shane didn't get crushed in the rematch. The rematch was alot more competitive. Also it's not like Shane lost that bad against Cotto, it was close.
    Okay I admit that was a reach. Honestly, as far as the second part, when I watched the fight, I just thought Vernon had him mentally defeated and Shane was just fighting him to save face. That's just my opinion and how I saw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
      that's just plain stupid right there. when you and the other haters try to defend floyd's demand it's because of pac's recent success against bigger opponents which is quite extraordinary and therefore suspicious. he did it because of peds blah blah blah. so how in the world a win against weight drained, shot, past prime or overrated fighters be suspicious? is it really suspicious or floyd is just playing diva and making up excuses not to fight? really some *****s arguments here are oxymoronic and self ownage.
      really..that was your same response to me in another thread yesterday..and then I owned your stupid ass and you started back tracking..dont make me go quote that thread...
      that is all!

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        that's just plain stupid right there. when you and the other haters try to defend floyd's demand it's because of pac's recent success against bigger opponents which is quite extraordinary and therefore suspicious. he did it because of peds blah blah blah. so how in the world a win against weight drained, shot, past prime or overrated fighters be suspicious? is it really suspicious or floyd is just playing diva and making up excuses not to fight? really some *****s arguments here are oxymoronic and self ownage.
        I never accused Pac of being on PEDs and everything I said is true.

Morales was weight drained and he beat Pac.

JMM out-boxed Manny twice.

DLH was weight drained and way past his prime.

Clottey is a B-level fighter.

Cotto is not the same fighter he was before he fought Margarito.

MAB is his best win and his win against Cotto is his best performance.

A win over a prime Pac is better than any fighter Manny beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
          I just don't get this arguement. I honestly can't argue with you if you said he was a paper champ at 135. At 112, 122,126,130,140, 147 he beat legit champs to win his titles.

I agree Floyd could end up with a better resume, assuming he does a few things.
          He's a paper champ at 135 because he still had some unfinished business to take care at 135. I can't blame him for moving up for a bigger payday, but fans on here act like he's cleaned up every division he fought in. A Pac fan told me a few weeks ago Manny is cleaning the WW division. The WW division cleaned it self up when everybody was beating each other.

Comment

• if he wants to be "GREATER"......................maybe thats what tortilla means.........

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              That's just false. Pull up old threads. Find old articles. NO ONE...I mean NO ONE (except the stupid?) thought Cotto was a bigger threat than Mosley at that time. Mosley was considered the biggest threat at 147. By far. I don't understand why we're trying to rewrite history here. I just don't.
              I never said he wasn't a bigger threat. He could be a bigger threat simply due to his style of fighting (Mosley hits harder, combined with Pac habit of engaging throughout a fight).

The thing is I just said as far as ranking them it's debatable that's all. Even ring magazine said the same thing, which is why they couldn't label anyone as the clear cut guy.

I mean who do we give it to

Margarito-while he beat Cotto, he lost to Pwill and Shane

Cotto-while he beat shane, judah, Clottey, quinatana...he was still crushed by Margartio

Mosley-he beat Tony, but still lost to Cotto

That is all I'm saying. While someone could make a good argument for Shane, there will always been a counter argument (due to all these guys beating each other) and you can't say with 100% certainty that Shane is the clear cut #1 guy at WW (during that time).

Comment

• Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                really..that was your same response to me in another thread yesterday..and then I owned your stupid ass and you started back tracking..dont make me go quote that thread...
                that is all!
                lol quote it moron and let the other posters decide which is which...stop flattering yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Well yeah, the ref allowing PBF to use his elbows basically helped Hatton to be knocked out.

The so called experts get it wrong and SSM was not the best WW and P4p no3. Just on the basis of having a good night against Margarito.
                  And you know better than the boxing experts or the Ring Magazine who rated him? LMAO...That's just your opinion...I'll stick to the experts opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by California Love View Post
                    I never accused Pac of being on PEDs and everything I said is true.

Morales was weight drained and he beat Pac.

JMM out-boxed Manny twice.

DLH was weight drained and way past his prime.

Clottey is a B-level fighter.

Cotto is not the same fighter he was before he fought Margarito.

MAB is his best win and his win against Cotto is his best performance.

A win over a prime Pac is better than any fighter Manny beat.
                    so if pac's not suspicious are you saying you don't agree with floyd's demands?

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                      I never said he wasn't a bigger threat. He could be a bigger threat simply due to his style of fighting (Mosley hits harder, combined with Pac habit of engaging throughout a fight).

The thing is I just said as far as ranking them it's debatable that's all. Even ring magazine said the same thing, which is why they couldn't label anyone as the clear cut guy.

I mean who do we give it to

Margarito-while he beat Cotto, he lost to Pwill and Shane

Cotto-while he beat shane, judah, Clottey, quinatana...he was still crushed by Margartio

Mosley-he beat Tony, but still lost to Cotto

That is all I'm saying. While someone could make a good argument for Shane, there will always been a counter argument (due to all these guys beating each other) and you can't say with 100% certainty that Shane is the clear cut #1 guy at WW (during that time).
                      During that time...Mosley was the clear cut #1 welter. Do yourself a favor. Pick up any mag, check any site. And just check their welter rankings the day before Cotto-Pac. Who was the champ?

Thank you.

There's no need for debate here and it's way too fresh to try to revise history. Let's debate honestly and stop trying to cut corners with this "clear cut" business. Shane Mosley was considered the man at 147 and no one thought it was Cotto. And that's the fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X