Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams: "I'm not saying I'll beat Floyd, but Ima get mines in"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a boxer says "i'm not saying I'll beat (insert name)," that boxer really doesn't believe he'll beat (insert name).

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

he's not conceding anything. he's just saying he'll give gorilla-dog a tough fight
      What part of "I'm not saying i'll beat Floyd "don't you understand. When any athlete says that about the competition it is what it is he's saying that he knows he won't beat Floyd but he'll give Floyd a tough fight to the point where he gains Floyd's and the boxing worlds respect.

So basically the guy who they are building up to beat Mayweather just conceded that he can't beat Mayweather.

Comment

I'm not saying I'd beat Lebron 1-on-1, but I'd score on his punk a$$. BELIEVE THAT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Championart View Post
          What part of "I'm not saying i'll beat Floyd "don't you understand. When any athlete says that about the competition it is what it is he's saying that he knows he won't beat Floyd but he'll give Floyd a tough fight to the point where he gains Floyd's and the boxing worlds respect.

So basically the guy who they are building up to beat Mayweather just conceded that he can't beat Mayweather.
          yea, that first part was all i needed to read.

he went from "mayweather can't call himself the best WW until he fights me," last week....

to after the mosley fight, "i'm not saying i'll beat mayweather, but......."

all i need to know paul. keep his name out your mouth, if you're not coming to win, but rather, land a few shots.....

Comment

Originally posted by ATrillionaire View Post
            If a boxer says "i'm not saying I'll beat (insert name)," that boxer really doesn't believe he'll beat (insert name).
            exactly. i agree with Burner.....williams is a funny dude!

Comment

I'm not saying I'd beat Lebron 1-on-1, but I'd score on his punk a$$. BELIEVE THAT!!!

Lol i used to say the same thing about Jordan. Matter of fact i still say it to this day about the nba. I'm not saying i'm going to be an all star but i know i'd drop some buckets.

Originally posted by TYREL View Post
              yea, that first part was all i needed to read.

he went from "mayweather can't call himself the best WW until he fights me," last week....

to after the mosley fight, "i'm not saying i'll beat mayweather, but......."

all i need to know paul. keep his name out your mouth, if you're not coming to win, but rather, land a few shots.....
              Exactly, the reason why i can respect this quote is because often times these dudes make them write a check with their mouth that their bodies can't cash and Paul was doing it last week. Atleast he came to his senses before it got out of hand.

Comment

not necessarily... you're reading too much into it

Comment

Lol i used to say the same thing about Jordan. Matter of fact i still say it to this day about the nba. I'm not saying i'm going to be an all star but i know i'd drop some buckets.

Exactly, the reason why i can respect this quote is because often times these dudes make them write a check with their mouth that their bodies can't cash and Paul was doing it last week. Atleast he came to his senses before it got out of hand.

yessir!

Comment

Actually, that's not what he's saying. He basically conceding that he's probably not going to win a match against Mayweather, but even still, he'd land enough punches to gain Mayweather's respect.
                    I know how it came off but in 99 out of 100 interviews he says he would kill Floyd so I thats why I wrote it like I did

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      not necessarily... you're reading too much into it
                      And your'e not reading at all, the guy clearly said I'm not saying I'll beat Floyd how can you not see that. What more do you want him to say? He just told you I'm not sayin i'll beat Floyd but ima get mines in meaning i know i won't beat Floyd but i will hold my own.

Comment

Working...
                      X