Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Admits To Targeting Fights With Less Risk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the problem, he is only 22? What fighter who is still green on a world level, would want to fight a prime Mayweather or Pacquiao? It would be a mismatch. Khan has got years left. If he is saying this when he is 28, then I would take issue. But today? No chance.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Wazza, get your ass in here.
      BPP IS BACK!!!

Comment

Knew it. Boxing Scene has an agenda against Amir....

Anyways, when Amir said that, he obviously meant that he would fight these guys while Amir HAS NOT HIT HIS PEAK YET OR HAS JUST HIT IT.

HE WANTED TO FIGHT THE WINNER OF BRADLEY/ MAIDANA FOR GOD'S SAKE! LOOKS LIKE HE WILL FIGHT MAIDANA NEXT AND THEN BRADLEY/ ALEXANDER.

Comment

Silly comment. Do Mosley, Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao and Trinidad fall into that category, I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
            or emanuel augustus

khan's got a cheek saying oscar fought fighters when they were on a decline

mayweather, pacquiao, mosley, hopkins, vargas, whitaker, chavez, quartey, trinidad,

other than winky wright oscar fought everyone

he's fighting malignaggi obviously because paulie has no knockout power but malignaggi has been in with a much higher level caliber of fighters hopefully that will show may 15th
            Emanuel Augustus is the man! Most entertaining boxer out there.

Comment

Hopefully his career won't live up to this quote.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                So are you telling me Freddie Roach didn't say "Oscar cannot pull the trigger anymore" (not to mention he drained Oscar so badly he had iv marks from attempting to rehydrate,and wasn't allowed to weigh more on fight night),then Freddie also said he wanted Cotto because he knew Cotto wasn't the same (and they made him weigh less for his title than he felt comfortable-(he wasn't at that weight for 3 years).Tell me Hatton looked the same after he got ko'd by Floyd...Hatton almost got ko'd against the feather fisted Lazcano afterwards,and Clottey....he needs no excuse.
                Do you remember what Freddie said about fighting Shane??? They wouldn't because "he was too good"!!!!
                Yes,every fighter has the odd "end-of the career" fighter, but Pacquiao's resume is littered with them,and you have obviously bought into the hype.
                Go use Manny posters as a centerfold you fool.
                Oh please, Freddie's statement always flip flops between interviews. He is never consistent, the same can be said on the Mayweathers.. His position on the steroid issue, and his choice of opposition for Manny has been debated so many times by *****s because he keeps changing point of views. And now you want to try to based your arguments on his words..

You are an idiot if you think Pac will move up 3 weight classes to 154 to make that fight happened. He doesn't even want to move up to 154 now. And Pac was cherrypicked because DLH is too chicken**** to fight Marg. Dont revise history just to support your argument, its pathetic.

Hatton looked great against Paulie, he fought Lazcano at 147, and was definitely a better JWW. Dont give me that ****. Even Mayweather Sr. said that Hatton would easily defeat Pac. Although I wouldnt take his word for it too much, the way you are doing for Freddie Roach to fit your agenda.

Cotto was the best opponent for Pac while waiting for a possible fight with Floyd. At the same time more financially viable since he doesnt have to share his PPV buys with GB. Him and Mosley would have been an acceptable opponent for him. You keep mentioning like Cotto was cherrypicked. Cotto was one of the top WW's when Pac fought him, and he beat Mosley, which means that equal to more credit.

The fact is going to those fights: Pac was 50/50 against Cotto and Hatton, and was a unanimous underdog against DLH. You dont cherrypick opponents if you are entering a fight with an equal to no chance of winning.

Dont get too wet on Floyd's victory, its been a longtime that he fought a legitimate WW, which I give full credit.

Comment

After his May 15 fight Khan should consider a Prescott rematch...

Comment

Wait..what?! Oscar fought prime fighters like Trinidad, Mosley and Vargas. I think what Amir is trying to say is that in the beginning Oscar fought the likes of Julio Cesar Chavez and Pernell Whitaker who were obviously not in their prime anymore.

So Amir wants to fight a couple of big names [Ricky Hatton or/and JMM] who arent in their prime first. I dont see whats wrong with that?

Comment

Never bite the hand that feeds, Con... I hope Oscar Victor Ortiz's hiss ass with his next match up, Pac has rubbed off on Con on picking opposition... what a disgrace to the sport ...

Comment

Working...
                      X