Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Pops in the 83 Saint Louis Golden Gloves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
    Yo, here are a few Youtube videos from the 83 Saint Louis Golden Gloves. My pops is fighting Tony Martin (who went on to be no too bad as a pro). My dad is in the white. It was a good fight, they went at it. Tony caught my dad with a nice shot that sent him down. But pops got up and went to war with him! My dad won the fight. But let me know what you think!

Vincent Webb vs. Tony Martin - 139

Rounds 1 & 2

Round 3

.....good stuff Webb!!

Comment

Pops was a good fighter!!!! Sad he didnt pass t tin the genes!! Lol J/K

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        .....good stuff Webb!!
        Fa sho!

Originally posted by YummGum View Post
        Pops was a good fighter!!!! Sad he didnt pass t tin the genes!! Lol J/K
        Thanks...good joke.

Originally posted by KING 2K10 View Post
        my dad fought in that too... he fought in most missouri and illinois tournaments. same division as your pops
        Yea, I'm going to ask him if he remembers your pops.

Comment

Thanks..no I don't train boxers nor am I am around their camp. I'm a football coach.

Is that right? What state did you fight out of?
          California

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
            California
            What weight division?

Comment

Nice, thanks for sharing that.

Comment

What weight division?
                Well I started at 13, so it was by age and weight.

When I got older and grew into my "adult" body I fought at 152lbs which if I remember right is considered welterweight in the amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by R0ME0 View Post
                  Nice, thanks for sharing that.
                  No prob, thanks for viewing.

Well I started at 13, so it was by age and weight.

When I got older and grew into my "adult" body I fought at 152lbs which if I remember right is considered welterweight in the amateurs.
                  Yep, 152 is considered welterweight. You ever compete in the Golden Gloves in Cali?

Comment

No prob, thanks for viewing.

Yep, 152 is considered welterweight. You ever compete in the Golden Gloves in Cali?
                    I did and also in USA boxing tourney I believe. It was a very long time ago, I have VHS of most of my fights but some are ruined because of sitting for so long and some are so grainy it's hard to see and hear.

I had almost 60 fights, had dreams of becoming a pro, got arrested and served almost 2 years, got out and got my GF pregnant and there went my dreams.

Can't cry over spilled milk but now I train fighters. I even thought a few years back to train for one pro fight, just to say I did it but I think I'm to old now. In my mid 30's.

Comment

I did and also in USA boxing tourney I believe. It was a very long time ago, I have VHS of most of my fights but some are ruined because of sitting for so long and some are so grainy it's hard to see and hear.

I had almost 60 fights, had dreams of becoming a pro, got arrested and served almost 2 years, got out and got my GF pregnant and there went my dreams.

Can't cry over spilled milk but now I train fighters. I even thought a few years back to train for one pro fight, just to say I did it but I think I'm to old now. In my mid 30's.
                      Oh ok, that is an interesting story you have. Good to see that you are sharing what you learned with other fighters. Are you training pro fighters or amateur fighters?

Comment

Working...
                      X