• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter...r-shane-mosley

click on it... go ahead
    after that, send an article to espn and tell them they got "owned" too
    There is a reason why they started measuring form armpit to end of fist instead of wingspan...

Because it's more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by fountino
      Everyone talks about the jab, but theres a reason why people stop throwing the jab.. People talk about Floyd's punching power but he hits much harder than we think..

floyd does a great jab countering the jab, but against a tall boxer like pwill, floyd wont' be able to counter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
        There is a reason why they started measuring form armpit to end of fist instead of wingspan...

Because it's more accurate.
        Yes but thats not reach in boxing!

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Reach

Comment

Originally posted by UND View Post
          That's the old way to measure reach, the new and improved way is Armpit to end of fist.

Originally posted by UND View Post
          Yes but thats not reach in boxing!

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Reach
          Yes i know, it's called "arm length".

i said that Floyd has longer arms that Shane and people tried to prove me wrong. And then i owned them with the screen cap.

Comment

He has a longer wingspan than Floyd, but Floyd has longer arms.

Who would you said has the longer reach?

The guy with long arms or the guy with short arms and broad shoulders?
            perhaps floyd has longer arms relative to his body, that doesn't necessarily mean that floyd has longer arms overall does it?

Comment

That's the old way to measure reach, the new and improved way is Armpit to end of fist.
              You mean HBO's way? End of day thats how reach has and always be measured the way from finger tip to finger tip. But saying that i would like more stats on tale of the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
                perhaps floyd has longer arms relative to his body, that doesn't necessarily mean that floyd has longer arms overall does it?
                Yes it does.

They measured the arms and Floyd's arms are 2 and half inches longer than Shane's.

Floyd's arms, 26"

Shane's arms, 23"

Comment

Yes it does.

They measured the arms and Floyd's arms are 2 and half inches longer than Shane's.

Floyd's arms, 26"

Shane's arms, 23"
                  it was an honest question, and if I'm wrong, I'll glady accept correction. I just find it hard to believe that all these other sources (including SSM) are all wrong

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R View Post
                    Get him the early rounds before he adjusts. cuz if he did, pacs in trouble but will still cruise away with a UD.

Rock his equilibrium with a clean shot like shane did, step back with a counter right hook (because he will try to clinch)Keep distance and let him wobble for a quick second, then ATTACK with 8 -12 combination non-stop pedal to the metal. If he doesn’t go down, itll be a TKO.

post youre ideas.
                    Damn..41 had a gameplan...41 failed. But here is GT-R, who just came up with the answer to beating Floyd in just 1 post.

Comment

I haven't read all of the comments in this thread, but I know that Manny's output will be down from his last fight. He will not be able to throw all of those punches against a stationary target. Floyd will not fight how he fought against Shane. He will bring a totally different style with Manny and Manny's left eye will be swollen shut from straight right hand after straight right hand. Manny can't be missed with that shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X