Watch Ali get outboxed and seriously hurt against Henry Cooper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
    Floyd > Ali. There is no debate.

Cooper was tough as nails and had a wicked hook but let's be real here.

Also, by the way. Wlad and Vitali murder Ali inside the distance.
    LOL at this thread....shattered jaw= true troll...

still bitter over kessler beating your little girl carol?

Comment

210lb Shavers was a great puncher sure.

Better than 240lb Wlad and Vitali.....

Notsureifserious.jpg

(You must also factor in the host of relative bums in guys like Shaver's record).
      219lb tyson hits harder than wlad and vitali

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        Why bring up 21 year old Ali being knocked down and winning against Cooper if you're not willing to acknowledge 21 year old Wladimir being knocked down and losing against Ross Puritty?

Wladimir's current form looks good against B-level contenders but he has never fought an Ali. His opponents may not be the same but in truth they were never that good to begin with. A lot of them just cash in against the Klitschko brothers.

Based on the radio broadcast Ali received 6 extra seconds, not a minute.
        Cooper was like what.... Danny Green's size and he was knocking down Ali. Also, we can go further into Ali's prime and still: There is no evidence Ali possess the necessary qualities to beat Wlad. He was great but greta for his era. The K-bros are too big, too fast, too strong and just too damn clever to get beaten by Ali.

Of course, if Haye sparks Wlad out I'm going to look ridiculous in saying this but ho-hum.

Also, yes you are right. I just made up the minute claim. I did watch the video you know.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
          LOL at this thread....shattered jaw= true troll...

still bitter over kessler beating your little girl carol?

No. Not bitter at all.

I feel Froch won that fight taking rounds 4,5,10,11,12.

Kessler took 8 and just took 6-7. The rest of the rounds you could easily give to Froch again.

I'm not concerned. Froch will knock Kessler out in a rematch. He is the superior fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
            pretty sure ali improved and this fight was on the road for him who else traveled like ali,great fighters have bad rounds bad fights but come through
            Agree with that, great fighters can an off day or an opponent is more than they thought.

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
              219lb tyson hits harder than wlad and vitali
              Hmmmm. It's debatable. Close though.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                Agree with that, great fighters can an off day or an opponent is more than they thought.
                Yes. I responded fairly to that post.

Comment

Cooper was like what.... Danny Green's size and he was knocking down Ali. Also, we can go further into Ali's prime and still: There is no evidence Ali possess the necessary qualities to beat Wlad. He was great but greta for his era. The K-bros are too big, too fast, too strong and just too damn clever to get beaten by Ali.

Of course, if Haye sparks Wlad out I'm going to look ridiculous in saying this but ho-hum.

Also, yes you are right. I just made up the minute claim. I did watch the video you know.
                  But you can't just judge the Cooper fight to make a determination how he would do against the W bros. Back then at 15 rounds a title fight I doubt there would be 6' 7" 250 HW.

Comment

No. Not bitter at all.

I feel Froch won that fight taking rounds 4,5,10,11,12.

Kessler took 8 and just took 6-7. The rest of the rounds you could easily give to Froch again.

I'm not concerned. Froch will knock Kessler out in a rematch. He is the superior fighter.
                    LOL...............

Comment

He got hurt yes, out boxed No!

Comment

Working...
                      X