No announcement yet.

Floyd ate that straight right because of a defensive mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg Floyd got hit by 1 shot!

It's boxing. Like the only time Floyd was hit cleanly was in the second round.

The reason Floyd got hit was....because its a boxing match and that's what people do in boxing.

Comment

Mosley jabbed him to the body then came up with the straight right and Floyd held on for life but the punch that took his legs away hit him by his ear not on the chin but Floyd showed the heart of champion and his mental strength

Comment

we can all sit here and criticise but its
        alot harder than it looks from outside the ring

Comment

Yep. He made a mistake and paid for it.

What impresses me is how he adjusts within a fight. I think this is what has not been discussed enough. I believe his ring-intelligenge, versatility and ability to adjust from one second to the next will be the difference.

Scenario: Floyd starts out the fight in a certain style, doesn't really work , changes it up until he finds one that works. If Pac tries to overwhelm Floyd and can't...then what?

Comment

Floyd always starts slow to see where the punches come from and what his opponent got, yeh he made a mistake but: do this right hand ever caught him again? NO

Comment

Yea, his chin was exposed. He didn't tuck it and roll his left shoulder. Shane made him pay for that.

Comment

Mistake or Habit???

IMO...it wasn't a "mistake" of Floyd. It's a habit. Floyd will shoulder roll, and/or take a step back to do two things deflect punches and create distance. The shoulder roll will not dodge an over-hand right when in a close proximatey that jab to the body was the punch to close the gap and initiate Floyd's reaction - the shoulder roll and/or take the step back. That over-hand right will potentially give Floyd problems in future fights because of the angle from which it's thrown.

Rounds 3-12???
                Honestly, Mosely was very capable of boxing; I don't think he was "old" as many people believe. I think he went "strategically blind", Mosely just became a head hunter. I believe Floyd won because of his patience, composure, and his ability to exploit Mosely's tentativeness and (lack of) head movement. THE JAB KILLED MOSELY CHANCES. With that said, had Mosely composed himself, the fight might have been more competetive, and he could have had more rounds in the bank. In Nazim's defense, the trainer was trying in his power to get Mosely to do what they trained to do. Mosely just couldn't deliver.

Comment

if u see the 2nd shot they threw at the same time so that wernt even a mistake it was just mosleys shot hitting the target

Comment

If Mayweather is supposed to be embarrassed for getting caught with one shot, Mosley would be wise to never show his face again.

Comment

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
                      IMO...it wasn't a "mistake" of Floyd. It's a habit. Floyd will shoulder roll, and/or take a step back to do two things deflect punches and create distance. The shoulder roll will not dodge an over-hand right when in a close proximatey that jab to the body was the punch to close the gap and initiate Floyd's reaction - the shoulder roll and/or take the step back. That over-hand right will potentially give Floyd problems in future fights because of the angle from which it's thrown.

Rounds 3-12???
                      Honestly, Mosely was very capable of boxing; I don't think he was "old" as many people believe. I think he went "strategically blind", Mosely just became a head hunter. I believe Floyd won because of his patience, composure, and his ability to exploit Mosely's tentativeness and (lack of) head movement. THE JAB KILLED MOSELY CHANCES. With that said, had Mosely composed himself, the fight might have been more competetive, and he could have had more rounds in the bank. In Nazim's defense, the trainer was trying in his power to get Mosely to do what they trained to do. Mosely just couldn't deliver.
                      mosley is the only guy at ww that is talented and rangy enough to land that shot.....mayweather made the adjustment by giving mosley different looks defensively (high guard, philly shell, and no hands up). mayweather never put himself in the position to get caught again like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X