Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Insider Frank Stea on Maywethaer's next move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its obvious that this would have to take place at 160, alot more to gain there.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      You honestly think Arum wants Pavlik anywhere near Martinez again?
      Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      If it is a step towards forcing Mayweather into the Pacquiao fight if Pac won't take the tests, Arum would definitely do that. Arum doesn't give a sh** about Pavlik, not compared to his biggest cash cow.
      This^, Pavlik isn't Arum's main priority anymore. And if he really didn't want to throw Pavlik in there, a Margarito/Pacquiao deal is still an attractive deal. Throwing Pavlik in there just makes sure, Martinez is busy till 2011.
      Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Lets hope that doesn't happen.
      Yes, because I'd love to see that fight, it's a history making fight. But I wouldn't put it past ******* Arum.

Comment

Props to Roger. but please to give the mayweathers bad luck by saying they are the kennedy's of boxing haha

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          This^, Pavlik isn't Arum's main priority anymore. And if he really didn't want to throw Pavlik in there, a Margarito/Pacquiao deal is still an attractive deal. Throwing Pavlik in there just makes sure, Martinez is busy till 2011.

Yes, because I'd love to see that fight, it's a history making fight. But I wouldn't put it past ******* Arum.
          So you think Arum is gonna try to force Pavlik to rematch Martinez? That's an interesting theory.

Comment

You honestly think Arum wants Pavlik anywhere near Martinez again?
            I think so why wouldn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              So you think Arum is gonna try to force Pavlik to rematch Martinez? That's an interesting theory.
              You really think Pavlik would object that strongly to have to be forced? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I think so why wouldn't he?
                Because he was embarrassed and dominated.

Comment

Because he was embarrassed and dominated.
                  He wasn't dominated I don't think. But I also don't think he wants the rematch or he wouldn't be as heavy as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                    Al Haymon can make Martinez a better offer. Martinez wants to fight Williams more than Margacheato and Pavlik. They can offer him a fight with Williams and offer him a fight with Floyd if he beats Williams.
                    That one might be even more attractive, forgot about the Haymon factor.
                    Originally posted by And Still View Post
                    LOL @ This.

People get their biggest paydays fighting Floyd. Not against The Illiterate.

Don't you think Martinez would rather face Mayweather - THE BETTER FIGHTER - for more money?

And Pacquiao said that Foreman was "too big', but Martinez isn't? LOL
                    Avenging a loss he's been wanting to for the last 10 years, while making a few million and fighting 1 of the top 2 fighters (#1 depending on who you ask) in the sport both on P4P and popularity lists.

Foreman is the same height as Martinez. I'm playing devils advocate, not saying it would happen, fall back.
                    Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    Its obvious that this would have to take place at 160, alot more to gain there.
                    He could even make it for both titles at 154 and 160 ala Leonard-Lalonde or make a 154.1 catchweight fight (which Martinez would make easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                      He wasn't dominated I don't think. But I also don't think he wants the rematch or he wouldn't be as heavy as he is.
                      Outside of a lucky bomb. Martinez will win again. Arum knows that.

Comment

Working...
                      X