No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather vs. Mosley Does Big Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather vs. Mosley Does Big Business

According to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, the mega-event featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Shane Mosley, did big business in Las Vegas. The attendance at the MGM Grand Garden was 15,117. The full capacity, if not scaled down, is 17,157. The gate was over $11 million dollars and 12,448 closed circuit tickets were sold. Mayweather dominated Mosley over twelve rounds to win a unanimous decision. [Click Here To Read More]

I am prepared to kiss May-Pac goodbye if this does over 2M.

Comment

So it didn't sell out. But I have no doubts that the PPV numbers are good. Not as tremendous as Schaefer would expect, obviously.

Comment

I've lowered my estimate to 1.5 million buys.

But if it takes 2 million for the Pac fight to be off and force Floyd to fight either Martinez or Williams, then I'm gonna root for that.

After seeing Floyd hurt Mosley tonight, I have no desire to see him fight Pacquiao.

Comment

pac doesnt reach 1 million buys cotto gave him that 1 million buy rate over 600000 was sold in pr alone floyd will rest then fight some1 easy then take a mega fight maybe cotto finally or berto floyd would beat pac easy the same way he beat shayne

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post

But if it takes 2 million for the Pac fight to be off and force Floyd to fight either Martinez or Williams, then I'm gonna root for that.

After seeing Floyd hurt Mosley tonight, I have no desire to see him fight Pacquiao.
            Why not?........

Comment

People have got to be stupid if they think Pacquiao's going to fight the same way Mosley did tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                Why not?........
                Because if Floyd can hurt Shane, he will stop Pac.

I previously thought Pac might outwork Floyd, and I counted on Floyd not being that big a puncher at 147, and Manny being able to last the distance.

After tonight, I can't see Manny lasting the distance with Floyd.

Comment

money

i think money deserves some respect now at least some

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post

what does beating mosley have to do with pac???pac will beat mayweather, and if the fight does happen ill bet all my points on pac.....

Comment

Working...
                    X