No announcement yet.

Floyd update....from source of mine....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoZe View Post
    He also said he was going to KO Baldomir.

And Judah..

and Oscar...

before fighting J.M. Marquez.

"I can't let this guy go the distance with me."

Then the fight happens and people realize the guy who talks before he fights and the guy who get's in the ring and actually fights, are complete contradictions of each other. I've said many times that I think Floyd is a supremely skilled boxer, I know he has the goods and he should be the favorite in any fight below 154.

I can also understand the Hip Hop community enjoying hearing Floyd get all up in the camera and go "Oscar, I'm going to knock you the **** out." Those people hear that and think Floyd is gangster or hip hop or whatever they think, so they pay to see him knock Oscar or Marquez or Judah or Baldomir out. Then he proceeds to not only not knock them out, but never even try. Evan against Marquez who straight up proved he couldn't hurt Floyd, he wouldn't even try to KO him. There's nothing wrong with not being able to KO a fighter, some guys just aren't going to go. But selling a fight by telling people you're going to knock someone the **** out, then not even attempting to do so has turned some people off.

I think he's talented as hell but I'd never pay to watch him box. I know a bunch of people will think he's accomplished his goal by making me dislike him enough to want to see him lose, but that's proven false by by refusal to support his fights by paying for them.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
      1st of all....the regulars on here know that I don't like the current version of Mayweather Jr....I just got some inside info from a homie of mine's....

Tony Hirsch....Jr. MW fighter....in the Andre Ward camp...

Apparently there was a phone call from Ward's place....to Floyd's camp..just to talk about the fight happeneing this weekend....Andre had his line on speakerphone and the conversation went something like this....

Andre's side: "Man...just wanted to let you know that all these cats out here, I don't care what they say about you Jr....just do you and represent...etc..."

Mayweather's side: (supposedly Floyd Jr himself) "I don't give a f**k what anyone got to say about me....at the end of the day...don't nobody pay my bills, take care of my family but me. BUT....if people are expecting to see me potshot and play defensive against Shane...they're in for a muthf****n surprise...I'M JUMPIN ON SHANE FROM THE JUMP...I'M GONNA GIVE A GATTI TYPE PERFORMANCE...THIS FIGHT AIN'T GOIN PAST 9 ROUNDS..."

I usually don't fall for this type of talk...but I know guys who box...and they pretty much heard the same story regarding this "phone call".....
      __________________________________________________ _____________

I know people that box too, and I am a homie of Andre Ward. Plus I know Robert Guerrero and Nonito Donaire. I'm from the bay area and I was told earlier this week that Mr. Mayweather is planning to disrupt Shane's plan from the get go. From what I understand, he wants to not only punish Mr. Mosley for being out of character, but he wants to whoop on him a la (Corrales, Gatti, Ndou) style.

I was also told that his hands are 100%, so he will definitely be trying to stop Mr. Mosley. I have seen Mr. Mayweather fight live in 15 fights and Mr. Mosley in 7. Mr. Mayweather is much faster in person than he looks on TV, and he is faster than Mr. Mosley.

Seeing Mr. Mayweather this week out here in Vegas and his demeanor, I'm going to be the first one to say that it's going to be fireworks Saturday. I'm not saying that Mr. Mayweather will straight out KO Mr. Mosley, but I do think it's very possible that he will either cut Mr. Mosley up to the point where they will have to stop the fight or he will close Mr. Mosley's eyes from all the punches and they will stop the fight.

Just being a big fan of the sweet science, not just certain fighters, styles really do make fights, and the only way that I see Mr. Mosley winning this fight is either outworking Mr. Mayweather in which is not impossible but more than likely will not happen or he somehow can trap Mr. Mayweather into one of those power shots flush. That may be possible but I think that Mr. Mayweather will counter that attack all night long.

I do believe that it will definitely be the best fight of the year hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
        1st of all....the regulars on here know that I don't like the current version of Mayweather Jr....I just got some inside info from a homie of mine's....

Tony Hirsch....Jr. MW fighter....in the Andre Ward camp...
        http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6717&cat=boxer

Apparently there was a phone call from Ward's place....to Floyd's camp..just to talk about the fight happeneing this weekend....Andre had his line on speakerphone and the conversation went something like this....

Andre's side: "Man...just wanted to let you know that all these cats out here, I don't care what they say about you Jr....just do you and represent...etc..."

Mayweather's side: (supposedly Floyd Jr himself) "I don't give a f**k what anyone got to say about me....at the end of the day...don't nobody pay my bills, take care of my family but me. BUT....if people are expecting to see me potshot and play defensive against Shane...they're in for a muthf****n surprise...I'M JUMPIN ON SHANE FROM THE JUMP...I'M GONNA GIVE A GATTI TYPE PERFORMANCE...THIS FIGHT AIN'T GOIN PAST 9 ROUNDS..."

I usually don't fall for this type of talk...but I know guys who box...and they pretty much heard the same story regarding this "phone call".....

Sure buddy....$ May has his track shoes ready.....

Comment

Even if it was definitive that he said it, doesn't mean he's going to fight that way.

Comment

yea right.. good job floyd for sending out this rumor to ur street team...what a way to hype us up... but fucc what do i know

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
              yea right.. good job floyd for sending out this rumor to ur street team...what a way to hype us up... but fucc what do i know
              Sorry...diddn't hear you....your avy was distracting.

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
                can I get a name of who that is in your avt

Comment

dunno who she is, I would like to tho... just saw this pic at some random forum w/ pics of hot chicks and decided to make this my avi... cuz it definitely caught my eye

Comment

Originally posted by djcmd View Post
                    __________________________________________________ _____________

Just being a big fan of the sweet science, not just certain fighters, styles really do make fights, and the only way that I see Mr. Mosley winning this fight is either outworking Mr. Mayweather in which is not impossible but more than likely will not happen or he somehow can trap Mr. Mayweather into one of those power shots flush. That may be possible but I think that Mr. Mayweather will counter that attack all night long.

I do believe that it will definitely be the best fight of the year hands down.
                    good post.

this is my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
                      can I get a name of who that is in your avt
                      her name is olga kurylenko. she was in max payne.

then again maybe that ain't her either
                      Last edited by cortdawg25; 04-30-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X