Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L. Merchant: "Today's breed of boxing fans put more emphasis on UNDEFEATED records"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“In the old days, if a fighter was unbeaten the response from fans was ‘Who has he fought?’ and ‘Is he being protected?’” Merchant said. “Fighters were not judged by their records. They were judged on who they fought and how they fought them.
    real fu*king talk
    that how it should be now

Comment

Larry is the man!!

Comment

Listen to Larry.

Comment

HBO is a big part of why 'today's' breed puts more emphasis on unbeaten records

Comment

I just hate when someone lose now he overrated, washed up, past prime, shot

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanYeti View Post
              What undefeated has a better resume than Floyd today? He was using Floyd as the best example of the undefeated and he's right. Oscar and Shane both have better resumes. They also both have 5+ losses.
              Originally posted by johncods View Post
              Nope I said all. You know any undefeated who today that has a decent resume?? Now you asked if all?? we'll floyd's the best example I can find because he has the BEST undefeated resume.
              Well say Floyd then. When you said ALL, I thought of a the YOUNG fighters that were undefeated and some of them have fought some good competition even at this early stage of their respective careers. Alexander comes to mind, Bradley comes to mind. etc.

Thank You. SMFH at some of these dudes.
              SMH at you, be clear when you post. You stated..."all undefeated fighters..".

Comment

**** does he know,

"boxing is a business".

All that matters is how much money they make.

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
                  So what's Larry Merchant's point? That most boxers lose their undefeated records? There's a shocking a revelation.
                  No, that's not the point. Geez. The obvious point of this article is to thorw out there the idea that the great "0" is a symbol of superiority nowadays when it wasn't necessarily so in the past. If anything, an undefeated record prompted more questions than answers.

Was it really that difficult to figure out?

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanYeti View Post
                    What undefeated has a better resume than Floyd today? He was using Floyd as the best example of the undefeated and he's right. Oscar and Shane both have better resumes. They also both have 5+ losses.

In Oscar's case one of those losses was to Mayweather. And Oscar had everything in his favor from the weight, glove size, and the date. No he does not have a better resume. I'll wait until Saturday to see if Shane can make that claim.

Comment

Thank You. SMFH at some of these dudes.

Keep shaking it because Oscar doesn't have a better resume than Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X