Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could any current Welterweight go the distance with Sugar Ray Robinson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a feeling Pac would do well against Robinson. Floyd not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      Guys that would go in a defensive shell probably would like Clottey and Mayweather if Mayweather decided to go full defense and forget about offense

Guys that like to engage would get stopped IMO so Cotto, Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley.

There is a chance that Robinson wouldn't got for the knockout of course and just box but if this is prime 147 Robinson most guys would get stopped.
      Originally posted by LightsOutLewis View Post
      12 rounds yeah i think the elite guys could hang in there

15 rounds only the best of the elite

and i dont think any of them would win tho guys like sweat pea and floyd have a chance due to there D but an offencive guys like pac and p will? come on man SRR would put them to sleep
      you two don't know **** about boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by Rushcutters Bay View Post
        Henry Armstrong ring a bell? prolly not...
        Armstrong wasn't as good as pacquiao is today and Armstrong would loose to Mayweather and Pacquiao as well... PEOPLE NEED TO STOP OVERRATING THE SKILL LEVEL OF SOME OF THESE HOF'S FIGHTERS... THEY WOULD LOOSE TO ALOT OF FIGHTERS IN TODAYS ERA

Comment

Originally posted by rod16wi View Post
          Absolutely. Just because he is the consensus greatest fighter of all time doesnt mean he would walk through every fighter of the modern era. Old timers always think the old time fighters would whip today's best. That's ridiculous. Can you imagine Rocky Marciano trying to stand his ground with a 21 yr old Mike Tyson or a 30 yr old Vitali Klitschko? Or Jake LaMotta outpointing Marvelous Marvin Hagler or Roy Jones Jr? Lennox Lewis would destroy guys like George Chuvalo and Joe Bugner. SRR was very great. No doubt about it but he was beatable. He may have beaten SR Leonard, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Felix Trinidad. But those would not be easy fights by any means.
          Robinson was bigger than Floyd, Pac, Cotto etc is today, Marciano is a lot smaller than Tyson. Big difference in that comparison.

Wouldn't be easy fights but if he had the same training as the fighters today had, had a full 2-3 month training camp, who the hell could go the distance vs him?

Comment

no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
              Armstrong wasn't as good as pacquiao is today and Armstrong would loose to Mayweather and Pacquiao as well... PEOPLE NEED TO STOP OVERRATING THE SKILL LEVEL OF SOME OF THESE HOF'S FIGHTERS... THEY WOULD LOOSE TO ALOT OF FIGHTERS IN TODAYS ERA
              Piss off, troll.

Comment

I always find it entertaining that the people that say, "SRR is overrated, you don't know **** about boxing, etc etc etc "always have negative rep....

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                  Piss off, troll.
                  yeah people are getting all up and arms of what i'm saying but it's the truth... you guys are mad because you don't know **** about boxing.. I've watched plenty of Robinson, do I think he's the greatest fighter of all time? Hell yes I do... But do I think he could beat Floyd or Manny hell fkn no... times have changed, techniques have changed, alot has changed... I can guarantee that 90% of the people that replied saying "hell no robinson would killed everyone" has never watched a full Sugar Ray Robinson fight in their lives and are just talking based off his reputation...

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                    I always find it entertaining that the people that say, "SRR is overrated, you don't know **** about boxing, etc etc etc "always have negative rep....
                    Rep doesn't mean **** and I never said Robinson is overrated I think he's the goat... And my rep bar is red because Pacquiao fans... so rep doesn't mean **** I know my boxing

Comment

SRR was a beast I think Paul Williams would give him some trouble tho

Comment

Working...
                      X