Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather right now is a bigger draw than Oscar ever was.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather right now is a bigger draw than Oscar ever was.

Lets be honest here, the guy right now is a bigger draw than Oscar ever was. Oscar had PPV's that drew **** unless they were against the biggest stars. Floyd even against an average opponent right now would do far better than what Oscar would of done. DLH may have the all time sales because his career popularity started far before Floyds due to his Olympic run but right now Floyd's popularity tops any peak that DLH had. Saturdays fight is comparable to Tito/DLH which did 1.4 million and everyone expect Floyd/Shane to go above that.

I think I'm just gonna wait for the final numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by snd_dsigner_dan View Post
      I think I'm just gonna wait for the final numbers.
      If it does 1.8-2million what would you say?

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Lets be honest here, the guy right now is a bigger draw than Oscar ever was. Oscar had PPV's that drew **** unless they were against the biggest stars. Floyd even against an average opponent right now would do far better than what Oscar would of done. DLH may have the all time sales because his career popularity started far before Floyds due to his Olympic run but right now Floyd's popularity tops any peak that DLH had. Saturdays fight is comparable to Tito/DLH which did 1.4 million and everyone expect Floyd/Shane to go above that.

Comment

If it does 1.8-2million what would you say?
            I actually think it'll break the record but that's just me. I usually tend to go too high or too low on these things. I thought Floyd/Marquez would only do 500K and Pac/Cotto would do only 800K. The only one I predicted correctly was Pac/Clottey with 700+K.

Comment

People watched Oscar because they liked him & wanted to see him do well. Most people watch Floyd in the hope he's going to get put on his ass & get his mouth broke ! Just the way it is my friend.

Comment

There is no doubt Floyd is the better fighter, but Oscar's image was beyond boxing and that's why he holds the record for the most PPV sales. Oscar is more of a household name than Floyd, so I think Oscar is the bigger draw.

Comment

Nope.

Oscar sold more PPVs and made more money. He also did it for a lot longer than Floyd has been a star. Oscar was the face of boxing and sold a lot of PPVs. People forget Floyd only became a star a few years ago. Compare Oscar's PPVs to Floyd's PPV's.

Comment

Come on ppl, If some **** that nobody asked for like Mayweather/Jmm did 1.1 million what do you think Mayweather/Mosley is gonna do. I think it will do 2mill.

Comment

Working...
                    X