No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole: "It is NOT fair to say the Floyd hasn't faced an elite WW before"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
    i was being sarcasting. look at the post i replied to.
    sorry dude my bad!

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      still doesn't change the fact that he fought a fighter coming off of a loss.

again,

The elite WW he fought was coming off of a loss.
      I guess you forgot the fight was a done deal BEFORE Judah lost. And he also fought the guy that beat Judah for the championship.What else did you want him to do? Some of you go so far out of your way to discredit the man that you stop making sense.

Comment

Iole is an idiot.

I remember him writing before Vitali fought Gomez, that Gomez wasn't deserving of a fight with Vitali despite the fact that Gomez won 2 final eliminators for his chance at the title. Iole wrote in the same article that Vitali should be fighting Haye because he was more deserving.

Judah might have been highly thought of at the time but looking back now and seeing how he performed against top welterweights subsequently, was he ever really that good?

Does being one of the best of a bad bunch at the time make you elite?

Overall, I would say Mosley is the best welterweight he will have fought, regardless of whether Mosley is past his best or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
          exactly. and our thoughts that judah wasnt elite was confirmed by that loss, AND by follow up losses to Cotto and Clottey.

Judah wasnt an elite welterweight, end of story
          Judah was an elite welterweight at that time if you bother to use the word "elite" correctly. What Judah did after is totally irrevelant. It's not like they could look in a crystal ball and see Judah's future. End of story.
          Last edited by Calilloyd; 04-27-2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_Loc View Post
            Margarito was a 3 time champ, fought every hard guy in the division and was a top 5 WW for 9 straight years.

Baldomir ain't **** compared to Margarito.

You're from Michigan, so I'll give you a pass for your blatant nuthuggery.
            Antonio Margarito is pure trash. Look how easily Sugar Shane Mosley raped him. Margarito has no head movement and the intelligence of a pitbull puppy.

Carlos Baldomir would have competed with Shane Mosley, unlike Margarito. Hell, Baldomir gave Vernon Forest a better fight than Margarito gave Mosley. LOL!

We all know Vernon Forest was Shane's real daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Cat View Post
              Iole is an idiot.

I remember him writing before Vitali fought Gomez, that Gomez wasn't deserving of a fight with Vitali despite the fact that Gomez won 2 final eliminators for his chance at the title. Iole wrote in the same article that Vitali should be fighting Haye because he was more deserving.

Judah might have been highly thought of at the time but looking back now and seeing how he performed against top welterweights subsequently, was he ever really that good?

Does being one of the best of a bad bunch at the time make you elite?

Overall, I would say Mosley is the best welterweight he will have fought, regardless of whether Mosley is past his best or not.
              Judah has lost to clottey (fromer champ) Baldo(undisputed ww champ) and 3 1st ballot HOF(tszyu, cotto, floyd). For comparison only: shane lost to forrest, winky, cotto. ODH lost to trinidad, pac, floyd, hopkins, shane.

Zab's losses are not as "quality" as ODH but IMO at least equal to shane. If zab were a true "professional" he might only have 3 losses

Comment

The Zab Judah that Floyd fought was a vintage version of Judah also, you guys are acting like he fought Clottey Zab~

Zab being very inconsistent through his career it is hard to judge him on average

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  The Zab Judah that Floyd fought was a vintage version of Judah also, you guys are acting like he fought Clottey Zab~

Zab being very inconsistent through his career it is hard to judge him on average
                  Good point. A lot of people around don't understand that fighters can be inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

zab is a piece of ****. He doesn't train like he should. He wasted soo much talent. If he trained hard and stayed out of Jayz and Lil kim videos he'd have beaten everyone he faced. He'd have given floyd a real run for his money and prob had beaten him.

There is nothing worse than wasted talent!

Comment

Unfortunately, the way floyd acts in 24/7 is how zab really lives his life.

Comment

Working...
                      X