• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The King of 140???

Who is the King of 140 to everyone?

Floyd is my pick
    but thats probaly because he is my favorite active boxer

Until someone can beat Floyd, he is my pick. No one in that group is as skilled as Mayweather. Only one way to find out...

Comment

Hatton is. Hatton beat Tzyu the man who ruled the 140 lbs division for a decade. It does not matter what potentential or anything else Mayweather or Cotto have. Tzyu was the man in this weight class for a decade. Former undisputed champion, went through all contenders like Mitchell Judah etc... Hatton beat him, that makes him for sure the king of 140 lbs until somebody beats him.

Until somebody beats Hatton he is number I at 140 pounds. Hatton is the linear Champion. Everybody else in the division that has belts has them because Tzyu vacated them.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay
        Hatton is. Hatton beat Tzyu the man who ruled the 140 lbs division for a decade. It does not matter what potentential or anything else Mayweather or Cotto have. Tzyu was the man in this weight class for a decade. Former undisputed champion, went through all contenders like Mitchell Judah etc... Hatton beat him, that makes him for sure the king of 140 lbs until somebody beats him.

Until somebody beats Hatton he is number I at 140 pounds. Hatton is the linear Champion. Everybody else in the division that has belts has them because Tzyu vacated them.
        Skill wise, Mayweather is on a different level than Hatton. As many openings as Hatton leaves vulnerable I just don't see him being able to be as effective with his aggression as he was with Tszyu. Easy way to answer this is to check the pound for pound rankings. Everyone has Floyd in the Top 3 while Hatton just entered the Top 10. Only way to truly solve this is for them to step in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by MrUnstoppable
          Skill wise, Mayweather is on a different level than Hatton. As many openings as Hatton leaves vulnerable I just don't see him being able to be as effective with his aggression as he was with Tszyu. Easy way to answer this is to check the pound for pound rankings. Everyone has Floyd in the Top 3 while Hatton just entered the Top 10. Only way to truly solve this is for them to step in the ring.
          You can say Gatti or Mayweather can beat Hatton in fantasy matchup all you like. It does not change the fact that Hatton is the true Champion of 140 since he is the one who beat Tzyu, The Linear Champion and former undisputed Champion until he vacated several of the belts. If Mayweather or Cotto or Judah beat Tzyu then they would be the true champion but they did not, Hatton did. When did the rule that if you beat the Champion you become Champion become nullified?

Comment

Ricky Hatton is king right now.

Comment

I agree, Hatton is the King of 140lbs. in terms of accomplishments. He beat the man. Mayweather only beat DeMarcus Corley and Henry Bruseles at that weight division so he can't be considered the king in terms of accomplishments. Skills and pound for pound ranking, I'd say Mayweather, though.

Comment

Originally posted by sisforshaq
                Who is the King of 140 to everyone?

Floyd is my pick
                but thats probaly because he is my favorite active boxer

HAHA certainly not Floyd. UR NOT the 140 king by beating Corely and Brussels. If anybody its Hatton by default, but i think there is none right now. Hatton has to beat the winner of Gatti/Mayweather or Vivian Harris depending on who good Harris looks June 25th. AND it is certainly not that Cotto fool.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderGatti
                  HAHA certainly not Floyd. UR NOT the 140 king by beating Corely and Brussels. If anybody its Hatton by default, but i think there is none right now. Hatton has to beat the winner of Gatti/Mayweather or Vivian Harris depending on who good Harris looks June 25th. AND it is certainly not that Cotto fool.
                  hey Thunder Boy, ur a confident man lets bet on the Gatti beatdown. Ill put 5 million on it, you wanna take it big man?

Comment

Mayweather is easily the best at 140, no one will beat him there, I dont see floyd loosing a fight till he is at 147 or 154, and that might be a long time from now,

Comment

Working...
                    X