No announcement yet.

P4P: Calzaghe vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
    hmmm i was thinking is it possible to dodge over 1000 punches coming from every angle for 12 rounds, then i remmebered hopkins did a pretty good job, and Floyd is faster p4p than Hopkins is and has better stamina so will be able to take advantage even in the later rounds.

Floyd UD, even though they both use 2 different methods for defence.
    Mayweather offers more in the way of offense also (in comparison to that particular version of Hopkins).

I'm a Calzaghe fan myself but Mayweather is a good tier above him.

Comment

I think it's a toss up really when you take size out of the equation. I know that is like heresy to many but Calzaghe was a very gifted fighter.

Comment

Look at the sucess B-Hop had, and we're talking about a 43 year old B-Hop. No way does he beat Floyd P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
          I think it's a toss up really when you take size out of the equation. I know that is like heresy to many but Calzaghe was a very gifted fighter.
          Calzaghe had underrated adapting abilities, which Andre Ward also has a good amount of. Calzaghes weakness was against fighters who were allowed to fight very dirty and get away with it. Look at how many times Joe Cortez let BHOP excessively clinch in there fight and headbutt Calzaghe! There's a gif image online where Joe Cortez sees Hopkins deliberately headbutt Calzaghe and Cortez does nothing about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Pea View Post
            Mayweather UD 8-4...
            Originally posted by RockyB View Post
            Im asking, who would win if they were the same size with their original skills?

Calzaghes workrate or Mayweathers masterfull defence?

i started this thread in the History fourm by mistake, so please vote and tell me how the fight would have looked like.
            Maywetaher would KO Calzaghe in my opinion. I think Mayweather would land clean shots on Calzaghe and he has shown signs of a weak chin.

Comment

mayweather easily

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
                Maywetaher would KO Calzaghe in my opinion. I think Mayweather would land clean shots on Calzaghe and he has shown signs of a weak chin.
                what signs?

hasnt he only hit the floor like.. 5 times during his 46 fight long career?

Note: im not a Calzaghe or a Mayweather fan. the whole thread is all for boxing talk.

Comment

Mayweather would win a decision.

Comment

Working...
                  X