No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan is the GOAT trash talker, Floyd is a mere understudy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
    The answer is simple, it's because it's Floyd Mayweather, and Floyd Mayweather is held to a different standard than every other athlete past or present.

Now don't get me wrong, Michael Jordan is my favorite athlete of all time. In fact, I have an extensive Air Jordan sneaker collection, but the guy was and continues to be an *******. And is personality is genuine. He's just like that.

Floyd? Throws on this public persona to promote himself and his fights. Nigh everyone you talk to will tell you that, and it's obvious as his personality changes almost directly after the final bell. People just don't like the man, and thus he's held to a different standard. This is true regarding his resume, and how people feel about his "trash talking".

What most of these posters fail to understand is that you can't be a professional athlete playing at the level of a PBF or MJ, and not think you're
    the best. Ali once said, "Once you're this good, it's hard not to be arrogant". If you step onto the court, ring, field, etc, thinking anything less than you're the best, then you've already lost. Most of these dudes don't understand that, as they've never played a sport of any kind in their lives.
    you lost all credibilty when you said "on Jordan or floyd's level". You're talking about a top 3 basketball players of all time, and that is not even arguable, vs a top 50 fighter (at very best).

Jordan and Ali you can compare. Save your Floyd comparisons for David Robinson or someone like that.

Bottom line, Jordan didn't just talk about his money (which no one wants to hear cuz it's classless) and never said he was greater than people who was obviously not greater than. Also, he never said he was going to knock another team off and then just danced around and bored the crowd. Floyd does those things on the regular, not just to hype up his fights.

Jordan brought it every single night. He entertained like no one else. Floyd
    gets booed for being boring in over half his fights. Jordan gets a pass.

There are countless better shi t talkers in basketball than Floyd. Bird, Reggie miller, nique, the entire bad boy team, starks, Darrel dawkins, ai, shaq, Jalen rose....the list goes on.

Comment

add to all that Jordan entertained 100x a year.. Floyd averages 1 marginally exciting fight every year.

Jordan was must see live tv, he was like a corrales/castillo 1 type must see every playoff game. He gets a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        you lost all credibilty when you said "on Jordan or floyd's level". You're talking about a top 3 basketball players of all time, and that is not even arguable, vs a top 50 fighter (at very best).

Jordan and Ali you can compare. Save your Floyd comparisons for David Robinson or someone like that.

Bottom line, Jordan didn't just talk about his money (which no one wants to hear cuz it's classless) and never said he was greater than people who was obviously not greater than. Also, he never said he was going to knock another team off and then just danced around and bored the crowd. Floyd does those things on the regular, not just to hype up his fights.

Jordan brought it every single night. He entertained like no one else. Floyd
        gets booed for being boring in over half his fights. Jordan gets a pass.

There are countless better shi t talkers in basketball than Floyd. Bird, Reggie miller, nique, the entire bad boy team, starks, Darrel dawkins, ai, shaq, Jalen rose....the list goes on.
        That's fine, I don't mind losing credibility I never had with a person I've never known. That much is irrelevant. When I say Jordan or Floyd's level, I mean athletes who are at the pinnacle of their respective sport, those who are the best of their era. That aside, I maintain that Floyd is one of the most skilled fighters to ever lace up the gloves. Critique his resume if you wish, bash his character, call him a fraud, etc, it doesn't matter. He's one of the best all around boxers to ever do it.

So what? It bothers me when people attempt to classify and categorize subjective subjects. You think it gloating about money would have bothered Horace Grant any more than Mike constantly riding him, insulting his intelligence, his level of play, etc? No, it sucks all the same, and it stings more when it's your teammate.

Basically, what you're saying is, Floyd fighting the way he wants to, and not they why fans want him to constitutes "not bringing it"? That's ridiculous. MJ's life wasn't on the line when he touched the court, he didn't play in a combative sport, Floyd however does, and I'm sure entertainment value means little to him when he's matched up against his opponent. Claiming he more or less isn't bringing it because he refuses to take unnecessary punishment is flat out foolish.

Again, something that is irrelevant to me. I couldn't care less about who talks the most or best ****. I care about the craft, the sport itself. Forget all that other nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
          That's fine, I don't mind losing credibility I never had with a person I've never known. That much is irrelevant. When I say Jordan or Floyd's level, I mean athletes who are at the pinnacle of their respective sport, those who are the best of their era. That aside, I maintain that Floyd is one of the most skilled fighters to ever lace up the gloves. Critique his resume if you wish, bash his character, call him a fraud, etc, it doesn't matter. He's one of the best all around boxers to ever do it.

So what? It bothers me when people attempt to classify and categorize subjective subjects. You think it gloating about money would have bothered Horace Grant any more than Mike constantly riding him, insulting his intelligence, his level of play, etc? No, it sucks all the same, and it stings more when it's your teammate.

Basically, what you're saying is, Floyd fighting the way he wants to, and not
          they why fans want him to constitutes "not bringing it"? That's ridiculous. MJ's life wasn't on the line when he touched the court, he didn't play in a combative sport, Floyd however does, and I'm sure entertainment value means little to him when he's matched up against his opponent. Claiming he more or less isn't bringing it because he refuses to take unnecessary punishment is flat out foolish.

Again, something that is irrelevant to me. I couldn't care less about who talks the most or best ****. I care about the craft, the sport itself. Forget all that other nonsense.
          sports is entertainment period. Jordan entertained, Floyd mildly entertains, whether his life is on the line or not. Pick a new sport if you're gonna bore everyone. The last Floyd ppv I ordered was gatti. The next one I order is gonna be Shane. Don't get me wrong, Floyd entertains the hell out of some purists, but for the most part, in the ring, very few others. All Im saying is that's why Jordan gets a pass on being a total ahole.

I could care less if you talk trash as well, and I don't hate you either way. My favorite boxers usually consist of more humble dudes (with the exception of bhop), but I think guys like froch are entertaining and add personality.

Personally I think using money as your trash talk game is weak (unless you're the innovator like biggie). Floyd already got robbed once and it's not a good idea in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            MJ ****ting on his teammates isn't considered trash talking because its not directed at the opponent.
            you are simply a dumbass. i mean really, there is no two ways about it. you are a ****ing idiot
            Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 04-23-2010, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Larry Bird was a **** talker... Seriously. Look up "Larry Bird trash talk".

Comment

Originally posted by xtn5021 View Post
                Larry Bird was a **** talker... Seriously. Look up "Larry Bird trash talk".
                He kept talking so much trash that Dr. J got into a fight with him during a game.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                  He kept talking so much trash that Dr. J got into a fight with him during a game.
                  i remember during 1988 All-Star Game, he joined the 3 point shooting contest

before the contest he went to the locker room with all the participants then asked "So who's gonna be the 2nd placer?"

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                    the whole Sixers team ganged up on him

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      MJ ****ting on his teammates isn't considered trash talking because its not directed at the opponent.
                      ****ting on your team mates is 10 times worse than ****ting on your opponent.
                      Last edited by Boxin'; 04-23-2010, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X