Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams is getting no respect on this board.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to see him and Martinez fight again Burner, as long as Paul takes care of Cintron.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Ive seen people rank Cotto, JMM, Martinez and Hopkins over him.

Gimme a damn break here.
      Paul is a good fighter, but he's not this killer everyone makes him out to be. I've always stated if he just used his height to his advantage he'd be a lot more dangerous, but he fights at the smaller guys' height all the time and leaves himself open to get hit more times than he really should for how big he is.

If him and Martinez fight again, Ill take Martinez in a UD.

Comment

• PWILL is the BOMB SON!!!!

IN all seriousness...time will tell. P-Will has much potential...it's amazing how you can't rate P-Will higher now...Although I am inclined to rate him somewhere in between not because of performance, but because it's tough to find quality opposition. People tend to forget his accomplishments thus far; he beat Margo when he was THE MAN TO BEAT!!! He fought Wright...someone who arguably was the "P-will" of the last 5 years. He made Verno Phillips quit! He never quit despite his age! He avenged his only loss with Quintana in devestatin fashion! I think this year or the next...he will be highly rated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
          Paul is a good fighter, but he's not this killer everyone makes him out to be. I've always stated if he just used his height to his advantage he'd be a lot more dangerous, but he fights at the smaller guys' height all the time and leaves himself open to get hit more times than he really should for how big he is.

If him and Martinez fight again, Ill take Martinez in a UD.
          Paul is a killer. Watch how he disposes of Cintron a guy with brutal KO power. Paul will walk through him like hes not there. He is underrated. You dont have to fight like Floyd Mayweather to be a great fighter. Paul is a great fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Paul is a killer. Watch how he disposes of Cintron a guy with brutal KO power. Paul will walk through him like hes not there. He is underrated. You dont have to fight like Floyd Mayweather to be a great fighter. Paul is a great fighter.
            I'm basing it off what he's "done", not what he "will" do.

I've never compared him or anyone to Floyd in the sense of "how" to fight. Everyone's got their own style, but it's also beneficial to utilize your advantages (in this case, Williams' height).

I see him beating Cintron, and hopefully a Williams vs Martinez rematch happens later in the year.

Comment

• Lol at Paul Williams being a great fighter.

The dude has one title that he lost in his first defense to a fringe contender. He was able to win it back, but then ran away from the most talented division in boxing and has never looked back.

He needed a gift to beat Martinez and now he's fighting a no hoper in Cintron.

If he was even the slightest bit "great" he'd call out Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                Lol at Paul Williams being a great fighter.

The dude has one title that he lost in his first defense to a fringe contender. He was able to win it back, but then ran away from the most talented division in boxing and has never looked back.

Stop trolling.

He ran away from boxings best division? Where did you get that from?

Do you know what a gift decision is? Thats when you win a fight that there is no way in hell you shouldve won.

Cintron is a Top 5 JMW.

He called out Floyd. Several times. The hell you talking about.

Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 04-20-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Lol at Paul Williams being a great fighter.

You're a ****ing clown.

Comment

• I respect P Williams very much as a boxer and I love how humble he is but he's just so fuking boring.

I fell asleep watching him fight Winky Wright and I though he lost to Martinez. Good fighter but when he fights people half his size all the time and can't produce a solid one punch KO things get stale really quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      You're a ****ing clown.
                      Was WW not the most talented division in boxing?

Why not stay there and force guys like Mayweather/Mosley/Pac etc to fight you?

Instead of cherry picking 40 year olds from higher divisions?

Comment

Working...
                      X