Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly belive that Shane could have made it through Floyd resume undefeated......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, Shane would be unbeaten. Floyd's never fought a fighter the calibre of Forrest, Winky or Cotto who was his own size

Comment

This is good point Ive never thought about. I think Shane would go 40-0 through Floyd's resume. Floyd would have a very tuff time beating Winky Wright, Vernon Forrest, Margarito, Cotto and a young Oscar.

Comment

i dnt get why ppl are shocked by this...mosely is a lot bigger than floyd, they started their careers at different times. it doesnt make sense to compare their resumes and say what one would do to the other's. floyd never fought winks and he never fought forrest. he never had the chance to fight forrest, which i think would have been a good fight.

but the winks fight was just never meant to happen. winky was bigger than mosely, so he would have been wayyyyy bigger than floyd. so the only way it would have happened is at 147 and that wouldnt have been fair to winky. i honestly dnt think mosely should have fought winky. i dunno why he did, but kiudos to him. as far as forrest, he's just always had mosely's # it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
          This is good point Ive never thought about. I think Shane would go 40-0 through Floyd's resume. Floyd would have a very tuff time beating Winky Wright, Vernon Forrest, Margarito, Cotto and a young Oscar.
          conclusion.......end of thread!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mayweather has a far tougher time with Mosley's resume than vice versa. But at worst, I still think May would of only lost to two fighters on Mosley resume. And to be fair, Mayweather beat a JMW Oscar as a bloated WW. He only weighted 150 because he was supposed to, and he weighted 148 fight night. If a JMW, or especially WW Shane had faught that Oscar, it would have been a close fight, as Oscar vs Shane would always be.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              IDK about that. It wasnt too long after that he then went to 154 and said that he cant make WW anymore no matter what. Ofcourse he did but obviously he changed he way he was doing something because he was emphatic that he cant make WW again
              Mosley once again move up to fight Hoya it was for big money why would he stay at WW?It was not cause he could not make 147 and still was the smaller man.Alot gets made of Manny and Floyd being smaller fighters but think about it so was Shane.His last fight he was the smaller man No?

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                Mosley once again move up to fight Hoya it was for big money why would he stay at WW?It was not cause he could not make 147 and still was the smaller man.Alot gets made of Manny and Floyd being smaller fighters but think about it so was Shane.His last fight he was the smaller man No?
                He was more skilled and hit harder than Marg. And if Floyd's opponents were brought up to 135 or higher to fight Shane, Shane would probably be undefeated, though Shane vs Herandez, Corrales, Castillo at 135 would be a fight for him. To be fair, I'm sure that if Manny's opponents had been bought up to fight Floyd he'd be undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  i dnt get why ppl are shocked by this...mosely is a lot bigger than floyd, they started their careers at different times. it doesnt make sense to compare their resumes and say what one would do to the other's. floyd never fought winks and he never fought forrest. he never had the chance to fight forrest, which i think would have been a good fight.

but the winks fight was just never meant to happen. winky was bigger than mosely, so he would have been wayyyyy bigger than floyd. so the only way it would have happened is at 147 and that wouldnt have been fair to winky. i honestly dnt think mosely should have fought winky. i dunno why he did, but kiudos to him. as far as forrest, he's just always had mosely's # it seems.
                  Hey Dempsey Floyd is a small guy but Shane is not that bigger then him.People always make a fuss about size but Shane has been the smaller man in most of his fights in recent yrs No?Think about it Forest winky Margas even his bout to raul Marquez I believe was his name.Mosley was never really the bigger man even on May 1 he will be just a lil bigger not by alot.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    Thats a flawed statement because Shane is a bigger man than Floyd which means he is fighting all smaller guys. Floyd fought alot of guys who were bigger than him but they would be all smaller than Shane. Thats like saying Floyd would be undefeated with Pac's, EM's, MAB's, and JMM resume
                    no its not the same. floyd prove that he is a natural welterweight now, by coming into a fighting scheduled to take place at 144.......he came 146. b4 everyone just assume that he was a junior ww fighting at ww, but thats not the case. and who knows how long its been this way.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                      He was more skilled and hit harder than Marg. And if Floyd's opponents were brought up to 135 or higher to fight Shane, Shane would probably be undefeated, though Shane vs Herandez, Corrales, Castillo at 135 would be a fight for him. To be fair, I'm sure that if Manny's opponents had been bought up to fight Floyd he'd be undefeated.
                      I agree May whould beat everybody that Manny has(Many of them he already did beat)But what we talking about is size not skill.Margas tag and big ass Pwill hurt crush Cotto and beat Clottey.Shane is smaller the all except Cotto.So Mosley is a small WW him self but it something that gets lost in the May and Manny talk.Mosley has been the smaller man for yrs but has not talk about it even in defeat.

Comment

Working...
                      X