Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Poon fans on NSB? I was wondering if he can make 118?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Poon fans on NSB? I was wondering if he can make 118?

I mean I know he is built like a rock, but I was always wondering, due to his height, if he could make 118? I mean 122 has official became **** (dunne retire, caba moving up, rigondeaux moving down, lopez gone) and I would love to see him against the elites at 118.

I would love to see him fight Hasegawa, Agbecko, Darchinyan and others, and if he could make that weight, that would be a great career move.

FWIW I have no idea and was curious to if anyone on NSB actually followed him and would know the answer to this.

He used to be at 118 but moved up after losing to Sidorenko, I think he partially blamed that loss on the need to make weight. So I don't think he can make 118 without it affecting him.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      I mean I know he is built like a rock, but I was always wondering, due to his height, if he could make 118? I mean 122 has official became **** (dunne retire, caba moving up, rigondeaux moving down, lopez gone) and I would love to see him against the elites at 118.

I would love to see him fight Hasegawa, Agbecko, Darchinyan and others, and if he could make that weight, that would be a great career move.

FWIW I have no idea and was curious to if anyone on NSB actually followed him and would know the answer to this.

He asked Hasegawa for a fight, after he won his last fight in Japan.

Hasegawa quivered and ran away.

Poon has never been down is tough as nails, and hits like a truck.

I'd love to see that fight. Most likely it would happen at 122.

Comment

He hasn't made 118 in nearly four years, when he lost to Sidorenko. He's pushing thirty and in physical prime right now, I think he's good where he's at now.

There's still some good fights for him like against Munroe, Nishioka, or even Cordoba again.

Also, after Hasegawa's fight with Perez, he was 50/50 on whether or not he'd move up. Poon heard this and knew Hasegawa would be commentating on his fight with Hosono in Tokyo, so after the fight Poon said he'd love to fight Hasegawa, if he moved up. I'd love to see that fight made if Hasegawa moves up, which I think he will in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          He asked Hasegawa for a fight, after he won his last fight in Japan.

Hasegawa quivered and ran away.

Poon has never been down is tough as nails, and hits like a truck.

I'd love to see that fight. Most likely it would happen at 122.
          Poon fears no man that breathes the same air as him.

Comment

big fan. he reminds me of a asian azumah nelson. just a very powerful fighter through & through. If he cant get any big fights at 122 i think he should try 126.

Comment

Poon?... The Rock loves the Poon

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                Poon fears no man that breathes the same air as him.
                Hasegawa is petrified of him.

He knows he's gotta hang at 118 or he's in for the fight of his life.

Luckily there is plenty for Hasegawa at 118 after Montiel.

I don't think a lot of 118lb er's want Hasegawa.

But no one wants Poon at 122.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  Hasegawa is petrified of him.

He knows he's gotta hang at 118 or he's in for the fight of his life.

Luckily there is plenty for Hasegawa at 118 after Montiel.

I don't think a lot of 118lb er's want Hasegawa.

But no one wants Poon at 122.

not to dick ride, but Vic is crazy enough to fight him. Only problem is he can't get passed 118, so its a moot point.

Comment

i got nothing to comment...i just wanted to say that i like poon...aswat!

so seriously he's a beast

Comment

Working...
                    X