Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney Or Lennox Lewis? Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
    did i say they was elite i said solid wins no boxer in history has a full resume built on hof victorys grant was the next big thing bruno was the biggest and most loved heavyweight in britain briggs was still lineal champ mercer shud of got a rematch but lewis fought for a title instead do u knock him for that??
    If you havent noticed I never included guys like: Barkley, Johnson, rahman etc on Toneys best wins because I dont consider these guys to be cream of the crop fighters. The fact that you are including B and C class fighters hurts you case rather than helps it.

Tyrell biggs was B class at best, what are his three best wins?
    Bruno was a C class fighter at best and lost everytime he tried to step up the competiton
    Grant was maybe considered a live opponent, but history has shown he was nothing special either.

Comment

Lennox, no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        let the hater hate man. he can't and won't see the truth
        First commands and now name calling, your not very good at debating are you?

Comment

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
          he dropped the wba to fight americas hare to the throne in grant for more money and he dropped the ibf to fight kirk johnson but of course ended up fighting vitaly
          do you honestly believe ruiz and byrd would of beat lewis or you jsut clutching at straws
          Your missing the point, he must be the only champion I can think of who basically was stripped of all his belts.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
            If you havent noticed I never included guys like: Barkley, Johnson, rahman etc on Toneys best wins because I dont consider these guys to be cream of the crop fighters. The fact that you are including B and C class fighters hurts you case rather than helps it.

Tyrell biggs was B class at best, what are his three best wins?
            Bruno was a C class fighter at best and lost everytime he tried to step up the competiton
            Grant was maybe considered a live opponent, but history has shown he was nothing special either.
            iv listed all hes solid names on hes resume i never said they was the cream of the crop did i?? a champion can only beat wats around him and i will safely say lewis dominated the strongest or top 3 eras in heavyweight boxing

Comment

Your missing the point, he must be the only champion I can think of who basically was stripped of all his belts.
              kostya tszyu??? prince naseem???? michalchewski????

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
                Close, but Lennox Lewis was the greater fighter. Lennox avenged his losses, Toney did not.

Toney has those 2 losses to Griffin and the losses to Jones (who really outclassed him) and Thadzi, and he received several gift decisions (Tiberi, etc).

That being said, Toney when fully focused (Jirov fight) was a great fighter.
                I had Toney losing Griffin I, but winning Griffin II
                He recied the following gift:
                Tiberi

but he should of been given sam peters I

Comment

whos a bigger fight in terms of legacy
                  undefeated grant or john ruiz
                  chris byrd or vitaly klitschko

Comment

He was going to get stripped by the WBC, if he didnt give Vitali a rematch. Even Manny Steward would say he was dissapointed that Lewis didnt fight Vitali again. As for the IBF and WBA belts, whats the point of having a belt if you are not going to face your mandatories?
                    Do you want to know why he had no interest in those belts or Byrd and Ruiz? Because his entire career, the boxing world has tried to keep him away from Mike Tyson.

Cus Dmatao kept Lennox away from Tyson in the 80's.

Don King kept Lennox away from Tyson in the 90s, even paid him off..

And in the early 2000's the alphabet belts were trying force him to face these idiot mandatories instead of Tyson. Lennox was so focused on facing Mike Tyson that I believe he psycologicaly retired in 2002 once he achieved his goal. His career was complete at that point he couldve very well walked away right then.

He had one last fight with Vitali in 2003, and survived a tough war. Lennox was skilled enough to win, but his drive was no longer there, that left with Tyson.he made the right decision by getting out when he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                      Do you want to know why he had no interest in those belts or Byrd and Ruiz? Because his entire career, the boxing world has tried to keep him away from Mike Tyson.

Cus Dmatao kept Lennox away from Tyson in the 80's.

Don King kept Lennox away from Tyson in the 90s, even paid him off..

And in the early 2000's the alphabet belts were trying force him to face these idiot mandatories instead of Tyson. Lennox was so focused on facing Mike Tyson that I believe he psycologicaly retired in 2002 once he achieved his goal. His career was complete at that point he couldve very well walked away right then.

He had one last fight with Vitali in 2003, and survived a tough war. Lennox was skilled enough to win, but his drive was no longer there, that left with Tyson.he made the right decision by getting out when he did.
                      green k worthy post

Comment

Working...
                      X