Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Khan proved himself on a world level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Khan proved himself on a world level?

Was thinking about this and i dont think he has yet.

Sure he has the paper belt, but who has he faced that is world class?

you cant say kotelnick is, and barrera was well past it when they fought.

i appreciate he's still young so has lots of time to prove himself against world class opposition, but so far has he had faced anyone world class?

is paulie a world class fighter?

the kotelnik win is better than any win paulie has at 140

that said,he hasnt proved himself agaist a big puncher yet but he will in time.hes only 22

Comment

He is progressing appropriately. There's no point in jumping straight in with the best fighters he could possibly face.

Comment

Well excluding khan, the best at 140 are Alexander, Bradley, Paulie and Maidana. One of those has a loss against Kotelnik, Kotelnik never looked in the fight against Khan. Not for a single second. I think that plus the Salita blast out (not that salitas such a great fighter, but the manner of the victory makes it mean something) puts khan at world level. Beating paulies ass will seal it

Comment

nope he has not proved himself at world level he needs to beat a bradley or alexander someone regarded as one of the best at 140 also fighting a puncher like maidana will go a long way maidana might not be the best boxer in the division but khan needs to fight a puncher at some point

Comment

His dominating performance against Kotelnik proved he is on world level. Amir has proved himsfelf more on world level then Maidana and Ortiz. Who did Maidana beat? Who did Ortiz beat?

Paulie is a top 10 140 lber and if Amir gets passed him I rate him and Alexander even at #2 with Timmeh still being #1.

Comment

Fast-mouth Paulie is just a tune up fight for Khan.

Comment

As stated, he is only 22. He's not world class yet, but is nearly there.

Comment

Having said that, name 5 light-welters who are definitely better than Khan...

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
                    As stated, he is only 22. He's not world class yet, but is nearly there.
                    he's 23

Comment

Working...
                    X