No announcement yet.

Arreola and Chambers deserve more respect than Valuev and Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    It was a lot for what a supposed threat to the Klitschkos should be able to do in the ring.

Yes, Chambers has lost to Povetkin, but Povetkin is a top fighter too, and it was not like Povetkin blew him out of the water, it was close. When has Chambers been in trouble of being KOed apart from the fight with Wlad?

Yes, Chambers is no killer, I don't think he would KO Haye. I believe he would however, outpoint him to a decision.

Haye dropped Barrett as was expected, that's nothing to write home about. Against Ruiz at least two of the KDs were to clear rabbit punches, so, he didn't KD Ruiz a lot of times if you only count legit KDs. And again, Chambers>>>Ruiz and Barrett.

Yes, Haye would come out offensive, didn't he come out offensive against Ruiz too?
    Potvekin is not a great fighter. He's a decent fighter.

In Lennox Lewis's days, he fought guys 6 foot 3 some 6 foot 5 and taller.

Heck I actually think someone like Tommy Morrison would beat Potvekin lol.

Chambers has a good chin yes, I agree on that, and his speed and defence is OK, but remember that he didn;t face guys that were fast as him. Speed in boxing is what the sport is all about.

Who was a threat to the Klit's? Chamber's? No way in hell. He was atleast 5-1 underdog, no one was betting on him.

Chambers is no killer though. You are right, and that's dangerous, because when you are 209 lbs fighting someone with your speed, and real power, it's gonna get messy.

Haye didn;t go all out VS Ruiz, he actually was asked 30 mins before the fight, so if your power doesn't work early, will plan B be the boxing option.

Haye said that is plan B. Ruiz is tough but I will get a late stoppage, but a stoppage non the less.

I agree Chambers is > Ruiz and Barrett, but he is not better than Haye.

The rabbitt punches were bad, but Ruiz did hold and push.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      Potvekin is not a great fighter. He's a decent fighter.

In Lennox Lewis's days, he fought guys 6 foot 3 some 6 foot 5 and taller.

Heck I actually think someone like Tommy Morrison would beat Potvekin lol.

Chambers has a good chin yes, I agree on that, and his speed and defence is OK, but remember that he didn;t face guys that were fast as him. Speed in boxing is what the sport is all about.

Who was a threat to the Klit's? Chamber's? No way in hell. He was atleast 5-1 underdog, no one was betting on him.

Chambers is no killer though. You are right, and that's dangerous, because when you are 209 lbs fighting someone with your speed, and real power, it's gonna get messy.

Haye didn;t go all out VS Ruiz, he actually was asked 30 mins before the fight, so if your power doesn't work early, will plan B be the boxing option.

Haye said that is plan B. Ruiz is tough but I will get a late stoppage, but a stoppage non the less.

I agree Chambers is > Ruiz and Barrett, but he is not better than Haye.

The rabbitt punches were bad, but Ruiz did hold and push.
      When have I said Povetkin is a great fighter? I've said he's a top fighter, which he currently is.

We're not talking about Lewis here, but about Haye. Haye is no Lennox Lewis.

Who has Haye faced that is fast?

What are you saying now about Chambers? I've said that Haye got hit way too much against Ruiz for a guy who is considered to be a threat to the Klitschkos, I was talking about Haye.

What is dangerous exactly? I don't know what you're trying to say there.

Haye didn't go all out against Ruiz but he would go all out against Chambers? Based on what exactly?

You think Haye is better than Chambers and I think Chambers is better than Haye. Only one way to find out, but as long as Haye keep facing the WBA circle-jerk that won't happen, right?

Ruiz didn't hold much from what I remember, almost every fight has some clinches in it.

Comment

Cristobal Arreola is a joke. He came in insanely out of shape against a world champion and then cried when he lost. He deserves no respect from anyone.

The Klitschko fight was just another check for Eddie, he didnt give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Cristobal Arreola is a joke. He came in insanely out of shape against a world champion and then cried when he lost. He deserves no respect from anyone.

disrespectful to the sport, his team (who were blatantly majorly pissed off) and the fans who paid to see him lumber about and offer nothing of what he is capable of

Comment

arreola and chambers will NEVER BECOME WORLD CHAMPIONS they need to keep themselves in the gym and out of micky d's

Comment

why? i think haye has a point about coming in out of shape. arreola and chambers are a disgrace to boxing because they dont come in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                When have I said Povetkin is a great fighter? I've said he's a top fighter, which he currently is.

We're not talking about Lewis here, but about Haye. Haye is no Lennox Lewis.

Who has Haye faced that is fast?

What are you saying now about Chambers? I've said that Haye got hit way too much against Ruiz for a guy who is considered to be a threat to the Klitschkos, I was talking about Haye.

What is dangerous exactly? I don't know what you're trying to say there.

Haye didn't go all out against Ruiz but he would go all out against Chambers? Based on what exactly?

You think Haye is better than Chambers and I think Chambers is better than Haye. Only one way to find out, but as long as Haye keep facing the WBA circle-jerk that won't happen, right?

Ruiz didn't hold much from what I remember, almost every fight has some clinches in it.
                Haye has faced some really fast guys below. So that's why I feel he can deal with the speed and power.

Yeah I agree Haye is not Lewis.

Ah OK, well Haye is not a threat to Vitali for me.

Haye is a threat agaisnt Wlad though, because Ruiz has a very good chin, while Wlad does not and can fight scared (Not going for the KO) and defensive.

Haye didn;t go all out on Ruiz because he didn;t expect an early KO.

I forgot what I said, so erm NM lol.

Perhaps he mgiht not vs Chambers, but I feel that Chambers being the smaller guy, Haye may be more offensive.

Ruiz didn't hold much, but the rabbit punches he did. He was pretty good now, unlike the past.

For example the 2nd KD was ruled a rabbitt punch. Ruiz pushed on Haye hard onto the ropes.

Me and you love to talk pro haye or anti haye and pro Wlad hehe.

I think we should expect each other

Comment

Yeah Haye is a huge fraud, what else is new. His best wins at Heavyweight are against C level heavyweights. Valuev who has lost at least 4 times now and gotten gift decisions, Ruiz who was completely and utterly shot, and Barrett??? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Give Eddie Chambers credit.

He defeated Sam Peter age 29 (Ring top 10 at the time) and Alexander Dimitrenko age 27 (Ring top ten at the time) both in their prime.

Haye has fought three HWs since moving up, all past age 36: Barrett, a journeyman/past fringe contender; the aging, ponderous Valuev; and a shot age 38 John Ruiz.

When will Haye fight an opponent under age 36? He ducked Chambers and Kevin Johnson and instead chose to fight a shot Monte Barrett, who had been KOed in round one by clubfighter Cliff Couser in 2007.

Eddie fought as well as he could against Wlad - he didn't just come just for the paycheque, that's a false accusation. Wlad was simply the better man that day and Eddie couldn't find an answer.

Haye doesn't seem to have enough courage to step into the ring with Wlad.

Comment

lol. joke of a thread

Comment

Working...
                      X